How much damage could Conor do in the future with leg kicks?

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Are they game changers? It was hard to tell because Diaz always seems to wear leg kicks.

As much as Conor was complaining about leg kicks hurting his shin i dont know that he will use them as often in the future anyway. I personally think he will believe in his power once again and head hunt at 145.

Probably more damaging in that it gives future opponents something else to worry about... most his opponents won't have a reach advantage so it isn't something he would rely on.

well he can always work towards toughening up his shins moving forward.

Are they game changers? It was hard to tell because Diaz always seems to wear leg kicks.

As much as Conor was complaining about leg kicks hurting his shin i dont know that he will use them as often in the future anyway. I personally think he will believe in his power once again and head hunt at 145.

You are probably right, I don't see him ever throwing one again either after what he said in the press conference lol

Conor does what he has to do to win.

if that's what he has to do to win in the future--that is what he will do

Won't need them. Only used them because of Nate's chin.

To answer your question though they are probably more damaging than Larkin, Alves, Edson, and Aldo's.

Nate's leg bruised up quicker than anything they've thrown (even faber vs Aldo)

Unless he wants to start throwing lowkicks to the inside of the leg, he can only really use them against other southpaws

So much damage. That conor... so hot right now.

To answer your question though they are probably more damaging than Larkin, Alves, Edson, and Aldo's.

Are you serious? Magny almost couldn't walk anymore after just a couple of those kicks from Larkin. Nate's leg bruised up quickly and he started limping a bit but in no way he was hurt as much as Magny or Gilbert in his fight with Edson. Saying they are more damaging than Alves is just ridiculous. Alves, Edson and Aldo are the only guys in the UFC who only need to land 1 or 2 good ones to change the whole fight.

not much likely; against most opponents he'll be afraid of being taken down. It was a great strategy against Nate.

Edson, Larkin, and Aldo? Thats a lot of confidence in those kicks.

Are you serious? Magny almost couldn't walk anymore after just a couple of those kicks from Larkin. Nate's leg bruised up quickly and he started limping a bit but in no way he was hurt as much as Magny or Gilbert in his fight with Edson. Saying they are more damaging than Alves is just ridiculous. Alves, Edson and Aldo are the only guys in the UFC who only need to land 1 or 2 good ones to change the whole fight.

Exactly. Conor threw some heavy and accurate leg kicks for sure and did a really good job with the timing, but to imply they were "probably more damaging" than the ones thrown by the best leg kickers in the biz is just stupidity.

I would confidently state that you don't have to go looking for a fucking Aldo or a Barboza comparison to make Conor's leg kicking power seem average, but even a guy like Donald Cerrone has the more devastating leg kicks if you look at the damage caused as the main parameter. Cerrone vs Vagner Rocha has been etched deeply enough into my brain to say that.

And before someone comes in and tells me how Conor would maul a guy like Rocha any way he'd like, I'll tell you that I'd agree. That particular fight just happens to portray Cerrone's power leg kicking game and diversity the best.

Magny has stick legs though.

Nate is a lot tougher.

Come on, man. Im a Conor.fan too, but he isnt kicking harder than Edson and Aldo right now

Technique isn't as crisp, but they are harder!
No they aren't.

Goddamn man, because he threw some legkicks against a guy known for not checking legkicks he's all of a sudden a harder kicker than Alves, Edson, Aldo? Get the fuck out of here please.

A lot of damage. Doubt we'll see it implemented often, just the blueprint to beat Nate

conor's striking style doesn't go well with leg kicks thats why he barely throws them he bends his knees,stands sideways ,wide stance,puts weight on his legs and hips to accentuate the power for his boxing leg kicks are better for the standing straight up fighters like aldo,barboza,cerrone
bent_knees.png

stance-11-29-39-752x501.png

10117799.jpg

I thought the mods looked down on trolls....

Back