Is Josh Barnett's "title" win acknowledged?

Garnett Silk

"I chose violence" - Cersei Lannister
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm a big Barnett fanboy so I admit it's kind of hard for me to be objective....with that said...is he recognized as a former UFC champion when as soon as he beat Couture he was stripped for pissing hot. Does his win still count in Sherdog's eyes? Do you guys consider him a former champ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah cuz Randy was just training praying and eating viamins, People seem to forget that he got his nickname from Barnett after this fight.

No. If Barry Bonds can't get in the hall of fame then Barnett ain't no champ. He doesn't even get a *

He was stripped. But he still became the champ....for however long.

Sure do. Wins a win. They're all on roids as someone else said

Imo it counts, i highly doubt that he was the only one on roids, there were A LOT of suspect guys at the time. Also weird that he tested positive and some other guys didn't

Yeah cuz Randy was just training praying and eating viamins, People seem to forget that he got his nickname from Barnett after this fight.

2014-12-11-Hulk.jpg

I didn't know Barnett nicknamed him Captain America!!!! Awesome

Lol reKt. Also... "The more you know *"

After some research......

11. Randy Couture on how he got the nickname “The Natural” : “Joel Gold called me that after I beat Vitor Belfort the first time because I kind of adapted to his style and beat him standing up, which nobody expected. He said I naturally adapted to his style. He asked me if it was okay to call me the Natural and I said ‘I’ve been called a lot worse’. ” Randy has also been called “Captain America”, a nickname given to him by Joe Rogan.

Taken from....

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/100-fighter-nickname-origins

Back