Cerrone should never fight at 155 again. Period.

The Mookster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Cowboy has looked absolutely amazing in his last two outings at 170, finishing two very well respected veterans, each with good wins under their belts and good UFC records.

Cowboy looked like crap against RDA both times, against Nate, against Pettis, and against Bendo in the second and third fight. If he fought all those guys at 170 I believe he obliterates them all save Bendo which could still be interesting.

I do agree with the folks who say he must dehydrate himself and cut down way too much, for goodness sake the guy is 6'0" with decent muscle mass cutting to 155? craziness I say.

Cowboy has had many great performances at 155. He can do both.

I do think Cowboy looks very suited to 170 also, I'd rather he stayed there but if he was to get a title shot at 155 you couldn't blame him for jumping at it.

I do think Cowboy looks very suited to 170 also, I'd rather he stayed there but if he was to get a title shot at 155 you couldn't blame him for jumping at it.
True that, and I think Cerrone would beat him again, however I doubt Eddie would take that fight especially since he has a "money fight" with McG basically lined up.

The only reason why you know about Cerrone is because of his performances at lightweight.

As long as Alvarez is the 155 champ Cowboy has a legit reason to compete in the 155 division.

Honestly..I kind of wish the Story fight lasted a little longer to see one thing..how Cowboy responded to an onslaught of body punches. We know its been his weakness in the past, and with this new weight-class, maybe he can handle them a bit better now that his body isn't as physically weak due to a huge weight cut.

Either way, I hope he stays at 170. He looks like an absolute killer. Cerrone/Maia if Maia loses to Condit would be incredibly fun to see. Especially given how quickly Cerrone's transitions are on the ground, combined with Maia's excellent BJJ, it could make for a very fun fight.

As a Cerrone fan.. I really don't like the Larkin fight.
Those body kicks Larkin was throwing at Magny would have Cerrone on the mat shitting himself pretty quickly, lol.

Cowboy has looked absolutely amazing in his last two outings at 170, finishing two very well respected veterans, each with good wins under their belts and good UFC records.

Cowboy looked like crap against RDA both times, against Nate, against Pettis, and against Bendo in the second and third fight. If he fought all those guys at 170 I believe he obliterates them all save Bendo which could still be interesting.

I do agree with the folks who say he must dehydrate himself and cut down way too much, for goodness sake the guy is 6'0" with decent muscle mass cutting to 155? craziness I say.

Oh until he loses and it is pretty obvious that you'd be one of those stupid knee jerk fans that would immediately say he needs to go back to 155 like a fool.

He can fight at both weight classes obviously. Holler at me when he gets some wins against the elites at 170. Until then take your stupid trash thread and STFU. He's been one of the best LW's in LW history, and you're already claiming he is way better at 17- all because he beat Story and the Canadian gate keeper.

Newb fans I tell ya.

Those body kicks Larkin was throwing at Magny would have Cerrone on the mat shitting himself pretty quickly, lol.
Exactly. Larkin is a bad man. Who knows though, Cerrone looks better than ever.

Besides the cut being easier on his body and mind @170 when fighters get older and start to lose speed it's better for them to move up in weight so the guys they are fighting aren't quite as quick.

True that, and I think Cerrone would beat him again, however I doubt Eddie would take that fight especially since he has a "money fight" with McG basically lined up.
Totally, if that is the case and Conor is an option there is absolutely no other choice for Alvarez, and I can see that is likely what is going to happen.

However I would personally love to see Conor/Aldo, then since it seemingly has to happen again a Conor/Diaz fight @ 155 with the winner to fight the winner of Alvarez/Cowboy, however the timing may not work out perfectly for it to come together.

But if the end result of that is Cowboy/Conor for the title @ 155, it would be straight cash for the UFC.

I don't now how Cerrone makes 155. Met him at the UFC Expo and he's a pretty big dude. Absolutely shredded at 170 so he probably steps in the cage at 185 or so. Cutting to 155 had to be VERY difficult.

Cerrone won't be able to handle the top guys at WW. Woodley, Lawler, Condit, Maia, Wonderboy all beat him. Lawler might be a fun fight though.

Back