Did anyone LOL at Conor's corner telling him...

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He was winning the clinch, keep establishing the clinch!

For everything wrong and right both fighters did, this was Conor's weakness throughout the fight

Yes, kavanaugh/littlefinger is a joke

This isn't a Conor hate thread either. He was tough as hell and fought very smart

kavanagh is a yesman. Conor needs better people around him tbh

No. Conor NEEDS to feel like he's winning, or he panics.

He defended amazingly in the clinch and was landing good counters there too. Telling him to avoid the clinch when he was completely out of energy would just have made him panic and lose the fight.

I recall that. It made me wonder if Kavanagh is fit for the job. Next time he is gonna tell him to "go to the ground and tap that fool out".

He defended amazingly in the clinch and was landing good counters there too. Telling him to avoid the clinch when he was completely out of energy would just have made him panic and lose the fight.
I was thinking about it too. Some fighters need to hear that they're losing, no matter what, so that they want to finish strong even if they already were winning. Other fighters need to feel that they are winning to get that edge. Each fighter needs to hear different things, and that's the cornermen's jobs - to make sure the fighters are hearing whatever they need to hear.

The interesting thing is that I think Kavanagh at some point, I think between the second and the third, said Conor was behind by two rounds.

The cornering isn't a clear cut, objective science. It's individual.

Well he was doing good in the clinch and Nate gassed out after the 3rd round.

But he was definitely not winning the clinch, maybe they told him that so he can stay calm in the clinch.

I was thinking about it too. Some fighters need to hear that they're losing, no matter what, so that they want to finish strong even if they already were winning. Other fighters need to feel that they are winning to get that edge. Each fighter needs to hear different things, and that's the cornermen's jobs - to make sure the fighters are hearing whatever they need to hear.

The interesting thing is that I think Kavanagh at some point, I think between the second and the third, said Conor was behind by two rounds.

The cornering isn't a clear cut, objective science. It's individual.

Dude, he said to Conor that he was losing after the 3 round just so Conor would wake up and do better in the 4 round. And Conor did.

Never question this. But I think you're right about it, fighters don't like when someone says to him that he is losing, and others need to know that he is losing.

Better to clinch than to catch punches at range or get subbed shooting in again.

Honestly, I think the clinch helped conor get his wind back. It certainly didn't seem to tire him out more..

Kavanaugh was actually very good in the corner. After that 3rd round ass whooping most coaches would be panicking, screaming and giving 100 instructions that would make things worse for a rattled and exhausted fighter.

Kavanagh was calm. He let conor catch his breath, encouraged him and gave him just the necessary simple adjustments. He didnt overload conor with instructions that conor at that state would not be able to do anyway. It was perfect.

Honestly, I think the clinch helped conor get his wind back. It certainly didn't seem to tire him out more..

That too. I don't know why Nate was clinching him, to be honest. The takedown attempts were pretty half assed.

He was winning the clinch, keep establishing the clinch!

For everything wrong and right both fighters did, this was Conor's weakness throughout the fight
Ya I thought the same thing I think he did alright in the clinch but Nate size showed the most in the clinch

Dude, he said to Conor that he was losing after the 3 round just so Conor would wake up and do better in the 4 round. And Conor did.

Never question this. But I think you're right about it, fighters don't like when someone says to him that he is losing, and others need to know that he is losing.
Ah maybe it was after the third.

Anyway, I don't think he's a bad cornerman. It's usually easy to judge them based on what we think they need to say, but really, the only people who knows what's right are the cornermen and the fighter. I think with Conor and Kavanagh they've already established a good relationship, so is all good.

I lol along with the crowd at Nate's slow-as-hell spin kick

but maybe K isn't retarded, but trying to keep things positive for a gassed Conor

please do not put this man in edmund territory

The clinch was his sweet spot just as it was for Rich Franklin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back