Dont forget about the Aldo rematch!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have noticed that most people are talking about Conor vs Lighweight division but Aldo is still a major threat!
Lets be honest, Aldo lunging towards Conor was completely out of character.

I have watched all of Aldos fights and he always starts with establishing his footwork and jabs. He uses jabs to dictate the distance and a low kick to set up his right hand.

Its important to note that, in the fast few years, Aldo has embraced boxing technique to his Muay Thai and has improved his footwork a great deal. He is also compared to lots of dutch kickboxers because of his hybrid style of boxing and Muay Thai.

I am not saying he will beat Conor for sure because he is smaller. But lets be honest, he has a very good chance of winning because if you go and see a 100 different legit striking coaches. They ALL will tell you that, Aldo has a more of a fundamentally correct style in both the boxing and kickboxing than Conor.

I'd rather him forfeit the FW belt, and enter the murderers row at LW.

LOL Aldo throws that same sloppy leg kick to right loopy overhand combo every fight and it's out of character for him to get countered?

no he just fought someone that actually can counterpunch and doesn't have trex arms

LOL Aldo throws that same sloppy leg kick to right loopy overhand combo every fight and it's out of character for him to get countered?

no he just fought someone that actually can counterpunch and doesn't have trex arms

Haters don't know that because they are new to the sport.

This was discussed a lot before the fight. The dude style plays right into Conor counter game. The Hominick combo gif was throw here over and over to explain that.

I'd rather him forfeit the FW belt, and enter the murderers row at LW.

That would be a good idea. Either way he needs to defend the Fw title or just move on to 155.

Why can't he win another fight or two. He got a title shot coming off a 13 second KO loss and has only one win since over a guy he already beat. Aldo should fight Hollaway.

I may be in the minority, but I couldn't care less about Aldo, neither does Conor.
Conor will probably fight for the LW title next. If he loses that one, he'll do another random weight class money fight.
Conor will only go back to FW if its a huge money fight. No one in that weight class can provide that.
Potential Conor's opponent:
1. Winner of Alvarez/Khabib
2. Cowboy
3. Nate or Nick Diaz
4. GSP

Back