Just for Kicks: Conor vs. Cowboy

Conor vs. Cowboy at 155 lbs

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you see this fight turning out?

Cowboy is sick of McGregor and wants to shut his mouth (after smashing it)!

Donald Cerrone definitely wasn't one of the neutrals on Saturday night.

Less than an hour after claiming another stunning finish in his new home of welterweight, 'Cowboy' settled in to watch the rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 202.

And Cerrone, who has previous with both headliners, was not in two minds about who he was hoping to see win.

"I was back there hooting and hollering for Nate," Cerrone said in his post-fight interview. "Like, 'Come on, man, get it!'

"So I was upset. A couple times I had it 1-1, then 2-1. But I was really pulling for Nate on that fight, (I had been) looking forward to it.

"Now I gotta listen to this fucking dude (McGregor) talk again, forever. So I'm not looking forward to that. 'The king is back?'"

Cerrone was beaten by Diaz back in 2011 but he has since claimed that the beef has been squashed between the pair and he believes that it was the kicking game of 'The Notorious' that won the rematch for him.

"I don't know what Nate was doing when he goes out there and boxes. I think the kicking kind of took him off his game. I'm not really sure," he said.

Cerrone and McGregor have gone back-and-forth in press conferences in the past and an eventual meeting may not be that far away as 'Cowboy' insisted that he wants to return to lightweight for a title fight after his victory over Rick Story while McGregor has made no secret of his desire to compete at 155 lbs.

We'd certainly pay to see it.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/donald-...onor-mcgregor-from-backstage-at-ufc-202/92401

Conor has better hands but Cowboy might split him in half with a body kick

This is a very likely outcome , Conor is out for awhile & Donald wants the Eddie fight , Donald wins again hes the champ .

Cowboy can do anything Diaz can do, and do it better.

He also has none of the huge holes in his defence that Diaz has.

Cowboy's pure kicking game could make Conor look like an amateur.

Conor would be balls deep in Cowboys head. He would also crack him real good..a lot.

BUT if Cowboy can handle the pressure outside the cage and stick out the first 1.5 rounds....maybe.

Doubt it though. He chokes in big fights and fights straight up. I see him getting cracked.

Cowboy doesn't show up in big fights, Conor would win

Cowboy is way better wrestler than diaz. Not bjj I'm saying wrestling...
That and kicks gives cowboy a slight advantage imo.

cowboy has all of Diaz's positive traits like cardio,chin,bjj

but he also hits harder,more diverse striker,really good wrestling and cowboy mixed striking with takedowns really good as of late

kYxiRk4.gif

Voted Conor, but then I remembered that Cowboy has some great reactive double leg takedowns.

This but much worst...Cowboy is a slow starter and can't box for shit. Conor is too quick for Cowboy.

Diaz not only beat cowboy.. He fuckin embarraced him.

Still. Diaz beat the shit out of Conor so im sure Cerrone could too

Cowboy is a horrendous starter, and Conor is NOTORIOUS for first round knockouts.

If it goes past the first round, Cowboy wins, but I don't think it would.

cowboy has all of Diaz's positive traits like cardio,chin,bjj

but he also hits harder,more diverse striker,really good wrestling and cowboy mixed striking with takedowns really good as of late

kYxiRk4.gif
Donald also isn't nearly as durable to the head or body..

His BJJ is years behind nates.. Same with boxing

Hes far better with kicks, and wrestling. Possibly clinch too

Diaz beat that ass already once

if cerrone had a stronger chin, i would pick him confidently. because he doesnt, i only pick him with reservations.

that fight would be a blast. Would prolly have to pick Cowboy via more ways to win. Cerrone does start slow and Connor starts fast tho

Conor always has that trump card left hand. But I'd bet on Cerrone. I think he's better in kicks, reach, can block leg kicks unlike Diaz, better wrestling than diaz and BJJ is top shelf. Basically I'd favor any top 6 LW over conor but sloppy small RDA.

Back