Conor gets owned by top WW's we know that but what about LW?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Woodley
Lawler
Wonderboy
Rory
Maia
Condit
Story
Dong
Cerrone
Larkin

We know he owns the FW Div, but is the list that big at LW?

He gets the belt there.

Hard fights are Khabib, Ferguson and Nate. Maybe RDA but I think will cat ch him in the first. The rest is easy.

Unless Duffy can keep winning and doing good. That rematch would be great and it's not a easy fight for Conor.

He might struggle with the more heavy pressure ground oriented fighters. Conor showed heart and adaptability in the Diaz fights. Good for him and respect for his heart that he showed but he will struggle against certain LWs.

Eddie
Khabib
RDA
Tony
Nate
Edson
Dustin
Brooks
Chiesa
Duffy

Not sure he runs through any of those guys.

He's top tier but i don't see him beating anyone with good takedowns and a chin. Khabib beats him almost for sure IMO, Alvarez would give him troubles, Dos Anjos would beat him i'd think, Cerrone if he fights at 155 likely wins since he can trade with him and would destroy him on the mat, i think Ferguson beats him too for the same reasons as Cerrone. He'd be top drawer and he could beat anyone, although i really doubt Khabib, if he lands the right shot, i just don't think he's anywhere close to being a certainty at that division. Remember Nate Diaz is a gatekeeper at LW and he needed a debatable decision to beat him after getting choked out once.

RDA kabib and Tony crush him.
I think Conor can catch RDA if he doesn't try to ground Conor quickly.

Khabib and Ferguson would be very, very hard fights for Conor too. I think even a Poirier rematch would be very interesting if Diamond can keep his emotions in check.

EDIT: I do think Conor can beat most of the LW division and would not be out of his depth, just wouldn't be as easy as FW was for him.

I think with the right match ups Conor could definitely get the belt but probably loses his first defense. That competition is steep.

I don't know. Conor is damn good but he needs to patch up some holes in his skills and there's a lot of killers at LW.

You talking about the same Ferguson that got lit on the feet against Vannata? Meh on LW, I see Alvarez, Kabib and Pettis as the hardest fights, maybe also Edson.

Honestly him vs an effective top position guy is still a bit of an unknown at this point, especially at 155. I would lean considerably toward him on his back looking pretty helpless against guys like RDA, Khabib, et al though.

I will say that his win over Nate did make me lean more toward him having a chance though. His striking really is next level.

Everyone below Nate is a gimme fight, even Edson.
oh come on edson would eat him alive. khabib would be sanctioned murder.

people are forgetting that the last time a champion moved up in weight to fight top competition, BJ was almost decapitated by GSP. conor can win fights at 155, but if you think the explosive monsters like alvarez, RDA, khabib, barboza, cerrone aren't going to hurt him, you're delusional. his gas tank is still a huge issue, and if nate managed to hurt him in this fight, you better believe these guys would take his head clean off.

How do we know that when he has never fought at WW ? I think Conor has the potential to beat a few guys in WW in the top 15

oh come on edson would eat him alive. khabib would be sanctioned murder.

people are forgetting that the last time a champion moved up in weight to fight top competition, BJ was almost decapitated by GSP. conor can win fights at 155, but if you think the explosive monsters like alvarez, RDA, khabib, barboza, cerrone aren't going to hurt him, you're delusional. his gas tank is still a huge issue, and if nate managed to hurt him in this fight, you better believe these guys would take his head clean off.
Edson would lose to Mcgregor, he's no "world beater".
I never said he'd have a chance from Nate up though.

Everyone below Nate is a gimme fight, even Edson.
Edson is not a gimme fight for Conor at ALL. You literally have nothing to base this on. "Conor beats muay thai" worst myth alive, nobody has even kicked his legs yet.

In the Standup, Conor Will be favorite against ANY LW, Except Barboza or Cerrone. But in Grappling... He's not even top 10 IMO. Great fights for him and for us.

I wanna see him rematch Aldo, fight Edgar and maybe rematch Mendes. Don't think he goes far at LW.

Back