Conor is Still Improving

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He improved from the last fight and he'll be better in his next

I was impressed with his gameplan. Leg kicks are the bane of Diaz bros

This was first cardio camp in a long time. In his next fight at LW I expect his cardio to be much better.

This was first cardio camp in a long time. In his next fight at LW I expect his cardio to be much better.
Yep, having gone five rounds already and going through a camp designed to last 25 minutes once will improve him. The necessity to make weight will definitely make him train even more cardio and obviously being lighter will help him too. He's a dangerous lightweight

Yep, having gone five rounds already and going through a camp designed to last 25 minutes once will improve him. The necessity to make weight will definitely make him train even more cardio and obviously being lighter will help him too. He's a dangerous lightweight

Don't expect people on here to understand, though. They think that the more weigh you have, the better cardio you will have. But that's in fact the opposite. The cut gives not only you a better shape but a better cardio because you're training more, just like you said.

I think Reem told that to everyone already. He was at 265 and gassed in every fight he lost until he decided to be more light than that and now he is Cain weigh and has not gassed since.

But there are way too many dumb people on here.

Don't expect people on here to understand, though. They think that the more weigh you have, the better cardio you will have. But that's in fact the opposite. The cut gives not only you a better shape but a better cardio because you're training more, just like you said.

I think Reem told that to everyone already. He was at 265 and gassed in every fight he lost until he decided to be more light than that and now he is Cain weigh and has not gassed since.

But there are way too many dumb people on here.
I even remember seeing him run more on the embedded series for the 45 fights. He ran often in Vegas, it was on multiple episodes. Just can't do it, he'd end up being way too small for Nate.

Should be common sense

IMO this is the first fight where he actually looked like the champion his fanatics have been pretending he is.

I agree he improved. Unfortunately, it was not in his weight class and he took a lot of damage just to prove he could go up in weight and eek out a W barely.

I should hope so, because the current version is nowhere near where I thought he would be - 3 division champion. He's got a long ass way to go before he can destroy top WW.

I hope so because he really isn't that good yet. He pretty much Matt Serra'd Aldo and running with it as far as im concerned judging by his 2 performances against Nate Diaz.

There's an almost universal belief on Sherdog that no one can improve or get worse.

I think this fight really ruined Jose Aldo's future chances of winning. This fight took him into the deep end of the pool and he managed to successfully climb out. If I was Jose Aldo i would be screaming mad at the UFC/Diaz for letting Conor get better on his watch.

Back