Why are people acting like Conor beat a WW GOAT in Nate Diaz?

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nate is not a WW. He's a LW that Conor forced to fight at WW so he can brag about beating someone at WW.

Nate is just an average LW fighter that gets soundly beat by anyone with a gameplan. Nate's best win is Gray Maynard on TUF.

Before the first fight, everyone was saying Conor was going to walk through Nate Diaz because everyone knew Nate was just an average LW, but only after Nate won did everyone start talking about him being this elite fighter.

Even with a $300k fight camp, Conor McGregor won an incredibly close fight that a lot saw as a draw or even Nate winning. Look at guys like RDA and Benson Henderson, whose fight purses wouldn't even pay for a quarter of McGregor's camp, beat the living fuck out of Nate.

It's actually not much of an accomplishment from McGregor's point of view, so all this talk about him being a GOAT now for "beating" Nate is unsound.

Conor fans need to hang on to everything they get given

Nate is not a WW. He's a LW that Conor forced to fight at WW so he can brag about beating someone at WW.

Nate is just an average LW fighter that gets soundly beat by anyone with a gameplan. Nate's best win is Gray Maynard on TUF.

Before the first fight, everyone was saying Conor was going to walk through Nate Diaz because everyone knew Nate was just an average LW, but only after Nate won did everyone start talking about him being this elite fighter.

Even with a $300k fight camp, Conor McGregor won an incredibly close fight that a lot saw as a draw or even Nate winning. Look at guys like RDA and Benson Henderson, whose fight purses wouldn't even pay for a quarter of McGregor's camp, beat the living fuck out of Nate.

It's actually not much of an accomplishment from McGregor's point of view, so all this talk about him being a GOAT now for "beating" Nate is unsound.

Nate is a top 5 LW, fought for the title, beat Cerrone, Miller when he was a top 5, Johnson who was a top 5 back when they fought and a bunch of others great fighters.

But he is just average.

I bet you where saying that he was the next big thing before the fight, like everyone else who is saying he is shit now.

He is top 5 and that's all that matters. So keep trying to take what Conor just did to him.

Transparent attempt to boost his image

all valid points

I love Nate, but I am aware that he is not a world beater. that's why it was so telling when Conor got finished by him.

the Diaz brothers are great, but they will always be the guys that don't do steroids and don't wrestle and come in with the same game plan every time and do whatever the fuck they want in their downtime.

Nate is an average fighter at 170, perennial top 10 at LW.
I'm pretty sure both fights were at 170, but Conor fangirls will only point out Nate's credentials as a 155er.
They are cucks, they can't help themselves.

Are you fucking serious?

I'm a long time Aldo fan, he's been my favorite UFC fighter for many years so naturally I'm not a Conor fan... but that was a huge accomplishment to do the rematch at 170 & get the win, despite everyone doubting him & telling him not to.
Nate may not be a world beater, but he's put an ass whoopin' on more than a few of them.
He tore Cowboy apart, who beat Alverez the current 155 champ... Just to name one.
He's tough as nails & no easy task for anyone at 155 or 170.

Stop shitting on what that man accomplished and give him the respect he deserves.
You sure as fuck couldn't do that.

Last edited:
Are you fucking serious?

I'm a long time Aldo fan, he's been my favorite UFC fighter for many years so naturally I'm not a Conor fan... but that was a huge accomplishment to do the rematch at 170 & get the win, despite everyone doubting him & telling him not to.

Stop shitting on what that man accomplished and give him the respect he deserves.
You sure as fuck couldn't do that.
Nah. He spent $300K on his camp. I have no respect for that while pretty much every other fighter can barely spend $10k for a camp.

God I love all these butt hurt Conor detractors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
Everybody knows the Diaz bros are the #1 P4P fighters in MMA.

Just ask Nick or Nate themselves and they'll tell you how they should be undefeated along with Rampage.

Let me explain why your thread is so inane. You complain that Conor fans are acting as if Nate is the LW GOAT. (I actually haven't seen anyone claim anything like that, but let's jsut go with it for now). And thus the essence of your complaint is that a misjudging of Nate's quality as a fighter leads people to misjudge the quality of the win.

And then you turn around and call Nate an average LW fighter. Now I think most fans realize Nate isn't quite elite. He's lost to the top tier guys he's faced. But he's not average at all; he's very good. In fact, he routinely destroys average fighters. So by underrrating Nate you underrate the quality of Conor's win. It's a mirror image of the mistake you are complaining about.

Anderson jumped 20 pounds to fight a former champion and got accused of can crushing.

Conor jumped 25 pounds to fight a gatekeeper who jumped 15 pounds and is the GOAT.

Does not compute.

Nate's a top 5-7 lightweight. Their fight was epic but now both seem pretty overrated. Connor needs to do a lot to be considered one of the greatest fighters. McGregor still hasn't beat a legit wrestler except Mendes who took the fight on 10 days notice. He's already one of the most fun to watch.

all valid points

I love Nate, but I am aware that he is not a world beater. that's why it was so telling when Conor got finished by him.

the Diaz brothers are great, but they will always be the guys that don't do steroids and don't wrestle and come in with the same game plan every time and do whatever the fuck they want in their downtime.
Bu bu but salt and GOATS, etc

Back