UFC reportedly payed McGregor 3 mil., so why do we hear numbers like 15 mil.?

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Conor was payed 3 million, so why are we hearing numbers like 15 million. I've heard about making bonus money on points. So what is a point, and how much is one point worth, and how many ppv buys makes one point? Anybody know this stuff?

<13>
Fitteen mil bro. Not fifteen. Do you even slanguage bro?

Estimates including PPV points, Reebok money, after party.

A single point is 1% of PPV revenue. If the fight does 1 million buys at $50 do the math. Bars get charged in thousands for a PPV buy as well.

Conor has to be getting at least 10% of PPV revenue. Let's say it does 1.5 million to keep the math easy at $50.

1.5 million X 50= 75,000,000

10% of that is 7.5 million.

it's going to generate probably $100,000,000. Conor at 10% walks away with 10 mil before tax cuts. If you add the 3 million purse and endorsements he will probably make 15 million for the fight total.

He jerked dana in a suite pre fight for the other 12 million

From what I understand, they're contracted to get a percentage of PPV profits. You can work out what that percentage is when the PPV estimates become available.

I recall reading a post here that mentioned Dave Meltzer saying Conor doesn't get PPV points (He just gets one big sum that would cover things like that)

Remember when Machida wanted "Anderson Silva money"?

At that time, Machida's reported pay was higher than Silva's.

A single point is 1% of PPV revenue. If the fight does 1 million buys at $50 do the math. Bars get charged in thousands for a PPV buy as well.
Dude, you left out his Reebok sponsorship. wtf?

Conor has to be getting at least 10% of PPV revenue. Let's say it does 1.5 million to keep the math easy at $50.

1.5 million X 50= 75,000,000

10% of that is 7.5 million.

it's going to generate probably $100,000,000. Conor at 10% walks away with 10 mil before tax cuts. If you add the 3 million purse and endorsements he will probably make 15 million for the fight total.
Thanks for breaking down. Super cool.

Conor was payed 3 million, so why are we hearing numbers like 15 million. I've heard about making bonus money on points. So what is a point, and how much is one point worth, and how many ppv buys makes one point? Anybody know this stuff?
yer a fookin noob

But Conor didnt get PPV points for this fight

PPV points drive it up, but I have my suspicions that the UFC leaks inflated salary numbers to make themselves look good and to make it seem like these guys are getting paid properly.

When someone says Points they mean that he gets a cut of the PPV revenue. What he gets and how much isn't quantified for a few reasons. McGregor will exaggerate and self promote a'la Money Mayweather about his millions. UFC doesn't want other fighters to know how much he is getting. Fighters also want their "fight purse" higher for ego but lower for protection. If Conor got 3 Mil and Nate 2 Mil in their "Fight Purse" the commission has authority over that money. If they are fined 10 % of their purse then thats $300k and $200k. If McGregor makes $15 Mil in his purse he would be fined $1.5 Mil.

Bonus money, PPV points, and sponsorship. He's raking it in.

Back