This Means War! Tim Means Calls Out Donald Cerrone

Means vs. Cerrone

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tim Means was supposed to throw hands with Donald Cerrone this past February, and now that “The Dirty Bird” has returned to the Octagon, and scored a win, he wants that fight again.

Means took on Sabah Homasi on Saturday at UFC 202, and he put away the UFC newcomer with strikes in the second round. The bout marked the first time Means has fought since last December, when he scored a vicious KO win over John Howard.

That victory prompted the UFC to book Cerrone – Means as the headliner for UFC FN 83 in February, But, the latter was flagged by USADA and pulled from the card. Means and his team proved, however, that the flag was due to a tainted supplement, and as a result, the FIT NHB fighter had his suspension significantly reduced.

Well, while speaking to the media after his win at UFC 202, Means had this to say, about Mr. Cerrone (quote via MMA Junkie.com):

“All the respect to Donald and to Team Jackson – everyone knows they’re right across from our gym in Albuquerque,” said Means. “There’s no personal vendetta with those guys, I want that fight because he shows up to fight, he tries to kick your head off."

http://mmafrenzy.com/136346/ufc-202-tim-means-outlines-wants-fight-donald-cerrone-next/

Great fight, I'd still give it to Cerrone, Donald is a whole nother level of an opponent compared to Mean's last

Great fight. But not a title fight so I give cowboy the edge

cerrone is above means already after 3 fights at ww. means wishes he gets this fight

Was sad to miss out on this fight but Cowboy deserves a big fight. Cerrone vs Lawler imo.

I think Cerrone is ready to fight Lawler and potentially get a title shot with a win.

Maybe Means vs Larkin.

I think Cerrone is ready to fight Lawler and potentially get a title shot with a win.

Maybe Means vs Larkin.
Agreed. Yeah I like Means vs Larkin, but I like Larkin vs Gastelum even more.

This fight made sense earlier this year but not anymore. Cowboy's on a nice run and on the verge of top 10 WW, beating Means does nothing for him now.

Personally would like to see him fight Gastelum or Gunnar Nelson

Everytime I want Cerrone to lose, he pwns someone. So Means would get pwned.

They should do Cerrone vs Nick Diaz, pay them a ridiculous amount so Nick will do it

Cerrone is a pretty huge favourite in tgis one.

Not really interested. Let's see Donald against someone of a higher calibre, yeah?

Means is a step down.

Give Cerrone a bigger name, both based on his past history and what he's currently doing now at WW

Means looked nasty, Cerrone looked great this match up makes sense but would much rather Cerrone fight winner of Condit v Maia. But still see Means doin big things in 2017.

Big step backwards for Cerrone.

Cerrone will kick his head off,
Needs a higher ranked fighter after disposing of rick story that way.

Would be awesome, but Cowboy has his sights set on something bigger.

Means did look good in that second round tho. But we all know he's tryna jump the line. Donald needs to fight Nick Diaz at 209

Means looked nasty, Cerrone looked great this match up makes sense but would much rather Cerrone fight winner of Condit v Maia. But still see Means doin big things in 2017.
Winner of Saturday's fight is next in line for a title shot after Thompson for me. Plus Cerrone and Condit have trained together for many many years. Doubt they'd fight.

Back