Look at it from Conor's perspective, what motivation does he have to fight Aldo again?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it's not a big money fight for him, there are bigger ones.
it's not a challenge to beat a guy you beat already.
he can't possibly top his performance from the 1st fight

I can completely understand for someone like Conor who's always trying to reach the next level. Fighting Aldo is moving backwards

Deserve has nothing to do with anything. Fights get made when it's in the best interest of both parties. Shame for Aldo that he has nothign to offer to Conor

Last edited:
It's not a big money fight for him o_O

pretty much stopped reading after that

Nate gave Conor a rematch. Aldo was the champ for a decade, he deserves a rematch for a flash K.O. On top of that, Aldo just beat the next fw title contender at 200.

I think Conor as the rest of most fans are sick of the Aldo/Mcgregor narrative. Too drawn out, Aldo gets injured more than Cain.

Nate gave Conor a rematch. Aldo was the champ for a decade, he deserves a rematch for a flash K.O
Nate "gave" Conor a rematch because a rematch with Conor earned him 12+ million dollars. It was the best financial decision for him

Aldo has nothing to offer to Conor. Big difference

If Conor is going to vacate and move to 155 then he has no motivation to fight Aldo again.

If Conor intends to remain the FW champ then he shouldn't need any motivation to fight the interim champ and #1 contender. That is what champions do.

If he doesn't want to fight Aldo again, fine. Just quit sitting on the fucking belt. Give it up and fight Alvarez. I think lots of people would love to see if his beating Aldo was a fluke or not. The UFC totally gave in to Conor's demand for a do-over with Nate, a fight that wasn't even relevant. Aldo, a guy who'd been the only FW champ the UFC had seen didn't even get the time of day.

2 huge reasons he has no interest.

1. The weight cut.
2. The purse.

/ thread

he knows it's not a fluke, he don't need to prove anything
He kinda does. Just squeaked by a fight after being finished prior and claimed Nate hit the lottery yet proved he can't knock Nate out after predicting it twice. I think the 13 sec knockout is closer to hitting the lottery.

He simply doesn't want it because the first one can't be topped.

If he doesn't want to fight Aldo again, fine. Just quit sitting on the fucking belt. Give it up and fight Alvarez. I think lots of people would love to see if his beating Aldo was a fluke or not. The UFC totally gave in to Conor's demand for a do-over with Nate, a fight that wasn't even relevant. Aldo, a guy who'd been the only FW champ the UFC had seen didn't even get the time of day.

Nate diaz > aldo ... sorry

If he wants to hold the belt he fights the #1 contender. If he does not see value in the Aldo fight drop the belt. That simple.

Aldo doesn't really want it, will do a runner again.

Prediction: Aldo X Conor gets booked for MSG, Jose backs out and Nate steps in for part III

Then vacate the belt, if Aldo hadn't won the inter then it wouldn't be an issue, but he has whats boxing calls a mandatory challenger to his FW belt now, and he can defend it or vacate imo. Its not an issue of why he wants to, but more so, he kinda has to if he wants to stay champ at that weight class.

Aldo doesn't really want it, will do a runner again.

Prediction: Aldo X Conor gets booked for MSG, Jose backs out and Nate steps in for part III

Dana hands a stack of cash to Aldo to do JUST this, and then conor and nate fight at 205.

It's too bad Frankie blew it, because if he beat Aldo then a Conor vs. Frankie title unification would have been easy to promote. And Frankie always shows up. I think Conor would have jumped on that.

It is tough with Aldo, because he doesn't draw flies, even before already getting KO'd in 13 seconds by Conor after a 2-year buildup. And he's not reliable, he's pulled out of 5 fights. It's definitely not the biggest fight Conor can make right now.

Problem is, if he wants to keep that Featherweight belt, he's going to have to do it. Aldo's got that interim around his waist.

Back