Werdum - never fought
Velasquez - never fought
Overeem - never fought
Dos Santos - never fought

Rothwell - lost
Arlovskii
Browne - lost but under questionable circumstances
Hunt - beat

If Warmaster can get Arlovskii out of the way on the 3rd of September his road to the belt is wide open and it could bring some fresh air and fresh matchups into the top of the HW division.

Josh needs 2-3 wins here and he'll be in there and Andrei is a good start. Shallow division so he's gonna be fighting top 10 guys moving forward. I would like to see him fight Werdum if both guys win or perhaps a fight with Velasquez would be neat

hate to break it to you but the warmaster is done. No way he gets another resurgence. His last few matches have been very poor. He needs trt

I love Barnett, but there's just no way I see him touching the belt.

I think Derrick Lewis beats Josh Barnett at this point. I say Lewis vs Barnett after this.

hate to break it to you but the warmaster is done. No way he gets another resurgence. His last few matches have been very poor. He needs trt

Sadly this. I did consider Barnett top-5 HW grappler and then fucking Ben Rothwell submits him. Barnett might actually beat Arlovski but his road will pretty much end there.

I would love to see Josh twist some guys up and make a title run
One can hope right ?

Josh just seems to fight for fun these days. Could take a few years to get a couple wins.

Cmon ts it would take him 6 years to travel that road. He would be like 57 then...
Might be a little long in the tooth by then don't ya think?!?

Seems unlikely but josh is an animal and a nice change in the rankings would be great for HW

UFC164-20130831-03799.png

With the amount of times he's cheated he doesn't deserve to ever step into the cage again

Josh is 11-3 since 2008.
2-2 in the UFC this time around.

Of those 3 losses one was the decision against Cormier in Strikeforce. Fair enough Cormier is awesome. The KO against Browne was due to those elbows which everyone thought were illegal (and were against Gonzaga). He'd win a rematch. He had Browne trapped against the cage ready for a TD. The loss against Rothwell was unfortunate though but a lot of people didn't really take Rothwell seriously until very recently. There aren't many fighters in the top 10 with his strength and violent subs. I wouldn't say Josh couldn't take a rematch.

Out of the top 5 obviously there are no easy fights. But I do think Warmaster is a little underrated at #10. He's been the champ before and that didn't happen by accident.

tumblr_mgmq6s2u3h1s2clq5o1_250_original.jpg

He's durable with solid boxing and very strong in the clinch and has one of the most dangerous top games on the ground. He's also faster than you would think. If he put it all together perfectly and executed his gameplan I think he can beat anyone. So if he beats Arlovskii he gets a top 5 opponent and if he wins that maybe a TS. He's that close.

Josh needs 2-3 wins here and he'll be in there and Andrei is a good start. Shallow division so he's gonna be fighting top 10 guys moving forward. I would like to see him fight Werdum if both guys win or perhaps a fight with Velasquez would be neat
The division might be shallow but is filled with fighters who taking their fighting careers more seriously than Josh. Fighting once every two years or so, staying in Japan doing whatever the hell he is doing won't help him against fighters who train all the time in good gyms, facing good competition 2-3 times a year. That's my opinion anyway

Pretty much every HW is 2-3 wins from title contention.

Back