How good is Conor's pure boxing?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
When Masato from K-1 was fighting the korean fighter who was the gold medalist in amatuer boxing, that korean fighter was asked to rank where Masato would fit if he were to be competing in pure boxing and he answered that Masato would be somewhere amongst boxers competing in asian portion of the world.

I believe Conor surely found a place for himself in the history books and his most impressive accomplishemts in all likelihood guarantees him the honor as the third best fighter of all time. However, though I do think Conor might be the fighter who most beautifully represented the sweet science in the octagon better than anybody, I'm not so sure where Conor would fit in in terms of rankings if he were to compete in amatuer/pro boxing, or if he would even be the top dog in Europe or even in Ireland.

Pure boxing is bad.

His fundamental boxing is solid.

MMA Boxing at it's best, but he'd get killed in the Boxing ring

Garbage. Holly would tool him in a boxing match.

Not good enough to be a world champion in the ring. Pretty good for MMA though.

His hands are really good specially for MMA. Unlikely he'll be as successful in pure boxing. Doesn't mean he sucks, just that there is a large gap between him and really good boxers.

His reflexes and counters are really good. The way he just pulls back is a thing of beauty. I would like to say he lacks footwork but I've seen him use good footwork before so it's kinda weird to bring that up. He doesn't seem to have that pop that he had in his first 2 bouts in the UFC.

Man I really thought we was past the era where Conors fans ask the same questions over and over again just in a different way like a lawyer ask questions but he barely wins a fight at 170 against a non contender and god damn if the madness is not been reborn. I mean Conor really did say "The King is back" after beating Nate Diaz. Only problem I had is he never said the king of what. He is the king of PPV sales he has secured that so maybe he meant that. Carry on but somebody ask how good is his BJJ and grappling because if that bell had not rang in the fifth the percentage of him being fucked was above 50

Good for MMA, not even close to being good enough to be a top boxer. Maybe if he had dedicated himself to that sport 100% he could get there, but it's hard to say. They are two different sports.

3rd best of all time, Wait what?!?!
dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

I think his boxing is very good. He uses lots of feints and has very good combinations. He's very unorthodox with his attacks, has decent head movement but he slows down a lot after the first or second round as almost all he throws are power shots

His reflexes and counters are really good. The way he just pulls back is a thing of beauty. I would like to say he lacks footwork but I've seen him use good footwork before so it's kinda weird to bring that up. He doesn't seem to have that pop that he had in his first 2 bouts in the UFC.
Could be that ACL tbh, you never recover fully from something like that.

Back