" Money fights "

FrancisBergoglio

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Put your money fight in your ass. I hope UFC stop this bullshit of giving fights that nobody care. Alvarez and Woodley have just won the belt. They should fight Khabib or Ferguson who are the principal contenders and Wonderboy. They are no GSP or Anderson so stop this sh** and defend your belt against the real contenders.

Put your money fight in your ass. I hope UFC stop this bullshit of giving fights that nobody care. Alvarez and Woodley have just won the belt. They should fight Khabib or Ferguson who are the principal contenders and Wonderboy. They are no GSP or Anderson so stop this sh** and defend your belt.
Conor hasn't defended his 145 belt yet. Fighters are following that lead in going after the money fights.

Fighters just wanna get paid more so they just go for the money fights.

Anyone in their position would do the same thing.

Merit and rankings don't matter anymore.

Put your money fight in your ass. I hope UFC stop this bullshit of giving fights that nobody care. Alvarez and Woodley have just won the belt. They should fight Khabib or Ferguson who are the principal contenders and Wonderboy. They are no GSP or Anderson so stop this sh** and defend your belt against the real contenders.
MMA wouldn't be main stream today if it wasn't all about money, which is okay with me. But most people are glad that MMA is main stream. Brock, Ronda, and Connor aren't real fighters imo but they are the reason the UFC is what it is today. So yeah it's all about money.

I think the whole point is that more people care about it... That's where the "money" comes from

Woodley will probably fight wonderboy next. I think hes just saying shit like that to stick it to thomspon for overlooking him and saying hes looking forward to his matchup with lawler

I think the whole point is that more people care about it... That's where the "money" comes from
No. Real MMA fans don't want to see the divisions being fu***** and want to see the champ fight the actual best guys. I don't want to see Bisping fight Hendo for example.

They like the term money fight but how about mandatory defense? Wonderboy is the clear #1 contender and deserves a mandatory shot.

You're going to watch whatever they put on the screen TS so can the phony purist bullshit

No. Real MMA fans don't want to see the divisions being fu***** and want to see the champ fight the actual best guys. I don't want to see Bisping fight Hendo for example.
Unfortunately, real MMA fans aren't where a large chunk of the money comes from. I agree with you completely that it sucks.

What "real" MMA fans want doesn't mean anything to the UFC.

Its all about fights that make the most money. The UFC is a business not an actual sports league that lets merit determines the next fight.

Its not good but it is what it is.

Fighters just wanna get paid more so they just go for the money fights.

Anyone in their position would do the same thing.

Merit and rankings don't matter anymore.

AND, the UFC set the precedent and standard!! So, instead of veiled and overt hate threads towards fighters they don't like, they SHOULD, be directing their false outrage at bullshit artist, Dana White and co.

God dammit, my worst fears for this sport are coming to life, its becoming boxing where the champion is handpicking people out of the top ten. Fuck!!!

The term "Money Fight" means it's the fight that garners the most interest from fans which means it's the fight that will make the most money for the fighters and the promoters. So, the UFC isn't going to stop "money fights" as that's what generates the most profit for their business.

Don't blame the fighters, blame the fans, and the organization that allows them.

If a fighter can get more money for an easier opponent than more power to them.

You sound kind of angry but it's not that you don't have a point.

Pretty much any male champ has a 30%+ chance of losing any given fight, if you follow the odds. A big part of being champ is earning the title shot in the first place, not just cashing in on your 30% chance on the night of the big fight.

Back