Who Will Win? Joanna Jędrzejczyk Or Karolina Kowalkiewicz?

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is a tough one to call. Rose usually dominates her opponents in the striking department, but Karolina slowed her down with her knee strikes in the clinch, so Rose was unable to dominate. Joanna is a way better striker than Rose and she hits harder, but if Karolina clinches with her and hits her with knees and elbows then she could beat her. I'm going with Joanna, but I wouldn't be surprised if Karolina wins.

Who do you guys think will win?

And still. Joanna bless.

Will be a good fight, Karolina striking is better than it looked.

They know each other well which adds an interesting dynamic.

JJ via total domination
everywhere

except maybe in the polish cook off....
who makes better perogees?

The clinch is what won it for Karolina. That isnt gonna be enough against Joanna. I also noticed that when she would try to come in on namajunas in the first round,that Namajunas had faster hand speed,and kept catching her coming in with the same combination,and she just kept falling for it. No inclination to feint to get Namajunas to overextend. Just ran in,and ate punches till she got tired of getting hit. She had to slow Namajunas down with the knees in the clinch and kicks from the outside to start getting work done...but i felt like there were some aspects that left alot to be desired imo.

That running in shit throwing arm punches would get her KTFO if she was a man. Not sure why they teach that technique to her.

karolina would dominate the swimsuit section of their fight.

That running in shit throwing arm punches would get her KTFO if she was a man. Not sure why they teach that technique to her.

This is pretty common in MMA in general. The punches aren't meant to deal real damage, they're meant to keep your opponent occupied while you close the distance or reclaim space.

Last edited:
KK was too willing to eat shots to get entries for the clinch against Rose.

I wouldn't expect her to fight JJ the same way ofc. but I do think it's a losing game fighting on the outside opposite the champ and she'll have to absorb damage to get past that. The clinch between them should be fun. Cardio-wise I don't think she or anyone else in the division can contend with the pace Joanna can put on in 5 round fights.

I believe they fought before but KK was raw then. Gotta favor JJ personally.

joannas pace and cardio is gonna crush

The Just Curse God doesn't have enough dark magic to make Karolina beat Joanna after tonight's performance.

This is pretty common in MMA in general. The punches aren't meant to deal real damage, they're meant to keep your opponent occupied while you close the distance.
Who else does it? Last time I remember seeing this technique was right before Werdum got KTFO.

Back