Ian McCall paid show and win money; Scoggins will not be paid

chunglii

No Me Duele
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/despit...ion-ian-mccall-gets-fight-purse-and-win-bonus

McCall was initially told he’d be paid his fight purse (“show” money) if he made weight and was available as a backup in case one of the card’s other flyweight fights fell apart.

Although McCall didn’t get a fill-in opportunity, he’ll get both his fight purse and his “win” bonus, a UFC official confirmed with MMAjunkie. Additionally, Scoggins will be paid nothing, the official said.

Happy for Ian, he was a real professional. I feel bad for Scoggins though. I know he fucked up, but I can't help it. Hopefully he'll learn.

I would've prefered the Reis fight but at least justice is served.

Give Uncle Creepy an extra 5k for having a quality mustache too.

Good for Ian, they should cut Scoggings imo.
At this level not even making close to weight is just pathetic and unprofessional.

McCall only getting $16,000 to show? Wow

Good for Ian man. No disrespect to Scoggins, but if you were that heavy that you didn't even try, you don't really deserve any pay. I mean he could've been 131 and Ian would have probably taken it, but he didn't even bother or was too heavy to even make that.

Good, Scoggins being unprofessional shouldn't cost creepy and I hope he gets a fight on the next PPV card.

What was the deal with scoggins here?

Scoggins spent too much time on ufc snapchat lookin thru filters instead of doin his job

Makes sense, Ian did his job and shouldn't be penalized for his opponent's error.

Scoggins can't fight so obv. no win money. He also couldn't make weight and was pulled from the card so no show money. It'll be a lesson for him.

I don't take pleasure in Justin losing out here though, I actually enjoy his fights and thought he was finally turning the corner towards becoming a contender. He's already struggling with FlyW weight cut at his age, outgrowing the division was already a matter of time. Better to get out in front of that and get acclimated to BW.

That has to be the most discouraging thing ever, to put in a full camp and nearly kill yourself, only to have your opponent get shit canned at the last minute with no replacement.

Glad Creepy at least got show money.

That's good to hear.
Does anyone know what Scoggins weight was?

Good for Ian, they should cut Scoggings imo.
At this level not even making close to weight is just pathetic and unprofessional.

It's his first time, he knows he fucked up.

I think he was 8lbs over and he stopped sweating and had a fever
Dang. That's unprofessional, but for his safety it's good that they forced him to stop.
Like someone else was saying, if he's already having problems making weight at this age, he'd probably do himself a lot of good to go up to BW.

Good for Ian man. No disrespect to Scoggins, but if you were that heavy that you didn't even try, you don't really deserve any pay. I mean he could've been 131 and Ian would have probably taken it, but he didn't even bother or was too heavy to even make that.

To be honest I thought Scoggins was going to beat him, Ian lives to fight another day. Hopefully with a better matchup

Back