Did Silva and DC have a Gentlemans Agreement???

TheRealWill

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I considered asking this before the fight but this forum was just totally flooded Jones threads. Then immediately after the PPV, people went nuts over Bruck. So I'm little late but......anywho.

Do you think Silva n DC had a Gentlemans Agreement to not go 100% for a KO. DC did land a big right hand, I believe in the second, but then immediately shot for a TD. DC didn't really try to pass half guard. His GnP didn't seem to be full force. Even after he'd land a few good hots on the ground, he'd ease up n let Silva regain control of his posture.

Just kinda looked like two guys who knew the other was making them millions n thought "shit, I ain't even mad about it."

To be clear I'm not saying the fight was a work or that anyone took a dive. Just that maybe they were keeping headshots to 60% or so.

Tots?

DC fans keep telling yourselves that.

Yes.

They agreed beforehand to ensure they had an absolutely dogshit fight that pretty much sucked the life out of the arena and ruined the event.

heh. Nope.

ps goodby sherdog for at least a month. WTF is with these auto-audio-playing advertisements on a FORUM? Bad call.

giphy.gif

If they did, then Cormier got shafted because he came away with even less fans then he had to begin with

Yeah... they're fighters and they don't do that kind of thing. If DC could have put Anderson out it would have done a lot for his legacy and if Anderson would have KOd DC it would have put him back on the map and given him an incredibly lucrative rematch. So especially after DC wrestlefucked him for a couple rounds I'm sure Anderson was trying as hard as he could to put DC's lights out.

Yes, Silva went "Hey Daniel, I got a fucking great idea! Why don't you hold me down for the entire fight?"

No, you (and many like yourself) were just wrong about DC's ability to maul the GOAT

Last edited:
I considered asking this before the fight but this forum was just totally flooded Jones threads. Then immediately after the PPV, people went nuts over Bruck. So I'm little late but......anywho.

Do you think Silva n DC had a Gentlemans Agreement to not go 100% for a KO. DC did land a big right hand, I believe in the second, but then immediately shot for a TD. DC didn't really try to pass half guard. His GnP didn't seem to be full force. Even after he'd land a few good hots on the ground, he'd ease up n let Silva regain control of his posture.

Just kinda looked like two guys who knew the other was making them millions n thought "shit, I ain't even mad about it."

To be clear I'm not saying the fight was a work or that anyone took a dive. Just that maybe they were keeping headshots to 60% or so.

Tots?
Since Andersons only chance to win was to knock out DC, what you Are saying is that Anderson took a dive by hitting only 60%?

I doubt Cormier wanted to eat kicks and knees and I'm sure Silva wanted to get held down all fight.

Tots?

Pretty much what I thought here. It didnt seem like either guy was going 100%

Back