UFC might go public. Would you buy stocks?

GiTailor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I would only buy stocks if Dana was still in charge,

Have you seen the attendance at a UFC fight night? LMAO 1/2 full arenas. No Rousey, Brock, GSP. Jones is gone for 2 years. I would short that stock.

We should buy the whole UFC and rename it: Sherdog's Fighting Championship and discuss every possible match-up here

Is the stock a dollar? A million dollars? Do Dana and the owners issue themselves millions of shares every year?

That is a meaningless question really without a whole lot more details.

lol UFC will go public the day after the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL does. Which is never.

That trully depends on where the stock starts at.

But if it started low enough i would invest a bit yes.

Depends on the valuation.

If you can buy in cheap, sure. If they're giving it a 4 Billion+ evaluation, then no thanks.

I woudn't buy stock in the UFC, no.

Do those Arabs still own 10%? I wonder if Reebok would pay the dividend in sweet apparel?

No.

I love it when people make investment decisions based on factors that don't include the financials and forecasts of a company.

those people are called "speculators", btw...not investors.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Yep, it should do a little better than IFL stock.

lol UFC will go public the day after the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL does. Which is never.

KKR and Silver Lake will look to exit when the time is right. Going public is an option but I think they may find a media company that wants to buy it (like Viacom owns Bellator). At that point you could buy stock in the media company and you would indirectly own a share of the UFC. There are some major sports teams that fall into this category also where you can buy into a bigger publicly traded company that owns them.

KKR and Silver Lake will look to exit when the time is right. Going public is an option but I think they may find a media company that wants to buy it (like Viacom owns Bellator). At that point you could buy stock in the media company and you would indirectly own a share of the UFC. There are some major sports teams that fall into this category also where you can buy into a bigger publicly traded company that owns them.
yes, indirect investing is the only way. But the performance of any one sports company in a larger conglomerate's portfolio will be negligible to the stock as a whole.

Depends on the valuation.

If you can buy in cheap, sure. If they're giving it a 4 Billion+ evaluation, then no thanks.

Why the fuck would they go public and value the company at less than they just bought it for? Going public is of no benefit to them, they don't need the cash, the only reason would be to value it much higher.

I don't know. Be fun to buy a few shares if they were really cheap.

I wonder if the stock would go up before a big event?

It would be very interesting to see how the cards affected the stock price.

I don't trust Wallstreet they use numbers and manipulate facts and things. Nerdy guys wearing neck ties and fancy suits talking about algorithms and economic cycles.

I'm pretty sure I would end up losing everything and then the inevitable, "I told you so would occur."

I only believe in war and heads on pikes, pikes and swords, piles of bones and the lamentation of the women.

Wallstreet and stocks are the tools of the rich to take slaves money and then pretend they didn't steal it.

It's a scam it's butt wipe and I will have nothing to do with it thank you very much. So "No!", take your stock and leave my country alone for this is SPARTA not Stockville and we don't need no stinking stocks.

Is this a troll attempt ?
Anyway I'd buy only if Trump is elected.
Buying it early, because I think a favorable legislation may help it to grow a little more but selling early too because I think it'll flatten quick or not grow so high so the benefit would be too uncertain

Back