I don't think Lawler beats Koreshkov.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
D1 Robbie likes to bang. I'm pretty sure Robbie would have solidly beat Benson, but no easier than Koreshkov did. Koreshkov (style wise) poses problems for Robbie. Kind of big problems. The Robbie that played arm-punch rock-em-sock-em boxing robots with Hendricks 2-3 times (was it 2, or 3?) probably loses to Koreshkov.

Woodley, even though he may lose to Lawler, I think gives Koreshkov more problems.

Don't worry, Koreshkov would be beaten by USADA before he fought Lawler.

Don't worry, Koreshkov would be beaten by USADA before he fought Lawler.

He looked bigger in his last fight. I will say that. Could be from lifting more... I guess.

koreshkov would be champ in the ufc if he could stay away from grinders. He is a fucking beast.

I don't know enough about Koreshkov to have an opinion on this. What makes him a difficult match up for Lawler?

everyone is a monster until every fight is against UFC contenders.

beating Lima and Benson is definitely impressive, but his run is HARDLY indicative of how he would fare in the UFC (and yes, under USADA testing)

I have been impressed what what I have seen thus far, but proclaiming that Koreshkov "would be champ in UFC" in waaaaaaaay premature LOL

I agree. The problem is that Koreshkov would never be able to fight his way through the Top 10 to get to Lawler imo.

I don't know enough about Koreshkov to have an opinion on this. What makes him a difficult match up for Lawler?
Big WW who is a powerful, accurate striker with a good gas tank. I don't know for certain that he'd give Robbie problems, but he's an interesting stylistic match up.

Big WW who is a powerful, accurate striker with a good gas tank. I don't know for certain that he'd give Robbie problems, but he's an interesting stylistic match up.

So just kind of the same as himself, that's sort of what I thought Koreshkov was like but I have only seen him fight a few times. Seems like it would be a great fight.

beating Lima and Benson is definitely impressive, but his run is HARDLY indicative of how he would fare in the UFC (and yes, under USADA testing)

I have been impressed what what I have seen thus far, but proclaiming that Koreshkov "would be champ in UFC" in waaaaaaaay premature LOL
Yeah, sure. Just like Pettis , Benson and Alvarez (coming from WEC and Bellator) did not had a chance against "ufc contenders" lol.

usada will beat Koreshkov first

I hope it doesn't end up playing out like that.

We'd never hear the end of Ben Assclown claiming to be champ.

And people (idiots) say Askren wouldn't have success in the ufc. He mauled Koreshkov.

And people (idiots) say Askren wouldn't have success in the ufc. He mauled Koreshkov.

Askren should be in the UFC. Koreshkov was young, still is, and Askren basically refused to fight and turned it into a 100% wrestling match.. Koreshkov couldn't compete with Askren in wrestling at the time, and he mentally broke. Not many guys throw everything out the window besides wrestling like Askren; even Shields tries to stand sometimes. All the Askren fight proved is that Shields or Maia might give him trouble, really. Benson is a good wrestler, and Koreshkov has actually used wrestling to win fights since then.

Askren should be in the UFC. Koreshkov was young, still is, and Askren basically refused to fight and turned it into a 100% wrestling match.. Koreshkov couldn't compete with Askren in wrestling at the time, and he mentally broke. Not many guys throw everything out the window besides wrestling like Askren; even Shields tries to stand sometimes. All the Askren fight proved is that Shields or Maia might give him trouble, really. Benson is a good wrestler, and Koreshkov has actually used wrestling to win fights since then.
Agree with everything you said. It's just a testament to how good of a wrestler Askren really is.

Yeah, sure. Just like Pettis , Benson and Alvarez (coming from WEC and Bellator) did not had a chance against "ufc contenders" lol.

no need to misrepresent what I said. I did not say that other guys have 'no chance' against UFC contenders...I said that everyone looks great until their fights come against UFC contenders.

Pettis? wasn't he 13-1 before UFC...5-4 since then...currently on a 3-fight losing streak? thank you for adding evidence to support my point!

Alvarez? He is indeed a good example; however, he is a bit of an outlier as he is both extremely experienced and (unlike Koreshkov) has been fighting high level guys for many years.

Benson? Big successful LW, but not-so-big and unproven at WW, especially compared to Koreshkov' (who would almost certainly be at 185 in UFC under USADA). How do you think Ben does against the top 10 in UFC WW division, btw? not so well, I would suggest.

you also picked a few guys from 145/155 where other orgs indeed had/have some higher level talent (especially in those WEC days). Now compare the higher weight divisions elsewhere (WW and up, since that is where Koreshkov would) to the UFC roster and you see a *much* greater concentration of the top talent in the UFC.

Koreshkov has beaten Lima, perhaps his only other win over a UFC-calibre contender at WW. Askren could have been another...except Askren TOOLED him and then stopped him.

No one else he has faced would likely crack the top 10-15 in the UFC...but some people now claim Koreshkov would beat the 170 champ in UFC? That is a ridiculous leap of faith, given he has not even faced, never mind beaten, very many fighters of consequence...so I stand by my initial post.

To be fair he didn't say he would run through the top ten. Just that he would be a very bad match up for this version of Lawler. I agree with that. I think he would put Lawler away, considering the way Robbie likes to fight.

I do think he would lose a to a few of the grinders in the top ten though. So if he was in the UFC he probably wouldn't even make if to that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back