Young Robbie Lawler was the best prospect

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Probably one of the scariest fighters to fight as well. Up there with ViTRT Belfort, Melvin Manhoef in his best years, Wandy, and Prime Rampage

Of course he is a much better and polished fighter than he has ever been, but he was an absolute psycho when he was younger. Good ol' natural 18 year old hormones made him such an aggressive killer back than. He's a lot more calculated and cerebral now, but watching him fight back than was like waiting for a time bomb because if you stepped into close proximity..it's like he had an alert system in his head to fire off bombs

I remember when guys would close the distance on him and start peppering him up, he would get angry as fuck and just pop one HEAVY shot that would either send them back in fear or follow up with some disgusting gnp where he would wind his hand all the way back and just unleash a barrage of punches.

His KO's over Tiki, Berger, and a bunch of others from his early UFC days were scary.

Another thing that was scary about him was how menacing he used to look. I met him in 2005 (not sure if he was still in the UFC at this time)...but he was huge. He got a little smaller because all he did was lift weights for his conditioning back in MFS.

People give Sage a lot of credit for being so young, but Lawler was KO'ing veterans like Tiki, wins over killers like Lytle, and Aaron Riley. All while having been slightly younger than Sage. Really puts into perspective of Sage's progress when guys like Penn and Lawler were destroying top guys at the same age

I wasn't around when Robbie was coming up but judging from past footage, it does seem like he was very feared. I keep hearing Nick was just a BJJ guy when he KOed Lawler. The reactions must've been insane when that happened.

Last edited:
I didn't really follow Lawler until his strikeforce days, I was so happy to see him move to 170 at UFC

Young dumb and full of cum, I miss them days.

I remember when young GSP was a prospect of sorts.

Now that, was a hell of a prospect.

Joe said that? I remember watching some of Robbies old UFC fights and Rogan always talking him up to be one of the most feared guys in the division
Well when he was in the other orgs Joe talked about how he could not deal with leg kicks or whatever he said and just wasn't that good overall, but he always talked up his punching power.

I remember when young GSP was a prospect of sorts.

Now that, was a hell of a prospect.
von04m.gif

Well when he was in the other orgs Joe talked about how he could not deal with leg kicks or whatever he said and just wasn't that good overall, but he always talked up his punching power.

Oh, I thought you were saying Joe said that during his first UFC run. I can't blame Joe for saying that, Robbie honestly looked like a shot shell of himself during his skids in strikeforce. Which makes his comeback that much more amazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back