The Sherdog UFC Event Tournament: Proposal and discussion

legatoblues

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With the completion of UFC 202, we will have 200 numbered UFC events in the books and 23 years of history to remember, discuss and enjoy.

What is the best UFC event of all time? I can't think of a more appropriate way to answer that than a tournament. A Sherdog poll of events to determine the best event by era and the greatest overall.

This would happen through a series of polls to thin out the numbers, from 200 down to something like 20-50 and from there, down to a final 8-16. The opening round would consist of 10 rounds of 20 events with the events grouped in sequence (UFC 1-20, UFC 21-40, etc) with the top 3 of each poll and then the next 10 most voted across all polls advancing to the next round.

That's just a rough proposal, but you get the idea. I don't have the ability to create polls (is that a white belt thing or something else?), but can write and pass on the initial posts as required.

Suggestions, thoughts, support? With enough interest it might even be worth doing others in the future (the other UFC events, Pride, WEC, etc)...

Can we make this happen?

With a bit of effort anything can happen.

This absolutely depends on the number of responses you will get, and it seems only a handful of posters here get a huge response here.

Fight for the troops 1 was the best event of all time. There is no discussion

I like your idea, but you need a moderator or a platinum member to make polls, and no one will bother to help you (I would if I had a technical ability to make polls).

I like your idea, but you need a moderator or a platinum member to make polls, and no one will bother to help you (I would if I had a technical ability to make polls).

This was always a strong possibility.

Had to give it a shot though!

Back