DC carried Silva to decision

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
It was very clear to every MMA fan who knows what he's watching. DC was holding back.

He did it for two reasons. The first reason is that Anderson Silva is a man who DC respects greatly and he was also thankful for Silva taking that fight on such a short notice.

But the more important reason is that DC knows that with Jon Jones gone there are literally no interesting fights at LHW left for him anymore and Anderson Silva rematch is his biggest money fight by far. He also knows that the only reason why the rematch would sell is because casuals think that the first fight was "close". They think Anderson has a chance to take the LHW title from Cormier with a full camp and the whole "Spider rises again" stuff would attract a lot of attention. This is similar to how Mayweather carried Oscar De La Hoya in their fight to keep the potential rematch interesting and marketable.

The fight game is all about money fights and everyone knows this by now.

To the trained eye of a hardcore MMA fan this fight was nothing more than a glorified sparring match. It was very obvious DC carried him. He even acted hurt by that pathetic body kick, it was ridiculous.

Last edited:
DC was landing some very hard shots on the ground. Easily could have clipped his chin and KO'd him.

Been saying since the start. As much as the mma world hates him, DC is a good dude.

1) It's just dumb to stand up with Anderson
2) DC didn't land any hard shots on the ground or work for position. Just held him and coasted to a decision.
3) I legit think he didn't want to hurt or embarrass Anderson out of respect for taking this fight probably knowing he was going to lose.

It was very clear to every MMA fan who knows what he's watching. DC was holding back.

He did it for two reasons. The first reason is that Anderson Silva is a man who DC respects greatly and he was also thankful for Silva taking that fight on such a short notice.

But the more important reason is that DC knows that with Jon Jones gone there are literally no interesting fights at LHW left for him anymore and Anderson Silva rematch is his biggest money fight by far. He also knows that the only reason why the rematch would sell is because casuals think that the first fight was "close". They think Anderson has a chance to take the LHW title from Cormier with a full camp and the whole "Spider rises again" stuff would attract a lot of attention. This is similar to how Mayweather carried Oscar De La Hoya in their fight to keep the potential rematch interesting and marketable.

To the trained eye of a hardcore MMA fan this fight was nothing more than a glorified sparring match. It was very obvious DC carried him. He even acted hurt by that pathetic body kick, it was ridiculous.
He was trying to beat Silva into the mat. Idk how that was holding back lol. I felt bad for Silva, and he should of never tooking that fight.

I doubt he carried him.

But I DO think he respected Anderson greatly, and was hesitant to go all out or take risks against him, especially on 2 days notice.

I agree, even as a huge Anderson fan, that DC went easy on him. Probably could have either pounded him out or slammed him into oblivion at will, but I don't think it has anything to do with a rematch.

Been saying since the start. As much as the mma world hates him, DC is a good dude.

2) DC didn't land any hard shots on the ground or work for position. Just held him and coasted to a decision.
3) I legit think he didn't want to hurt or embarrass Anderson out of respect for taking this fight probably knowing he was going to lose.
Been saying that since the first weak water takedown DC scored and the first 30 seconds on the ground during the fight that DC was taking it easy on Silva and just doing enough to win out of respect for one of the GOATs and for helping his pocket book. Go back and watch the very first takedown. It was like DC was taking down his grandma. It was very clear to me that DC could have mollywhopped Anderson within a round of he wanted to. He's just a good dude that gets a lot of hate.

I don't think DC was intentionally trying to find a way to set up a rematch, but I DO believe he was trying not to hurt Anderson.

no rules in mma...recently many middleweights floored sliva with a punch and dc couldn't....And dc was his rudes't fight in the paper...it's true dc didn't risk soo much and td silva almost all the fight...
Do you even English brah? And name these "many" MWs....... I'll wait........ Chael in 2010, Weidman and Bisping...... Out of all Silva's opponents this is your interpretation of "many"?

I'm guessing that was the first card you ever watched.

No

Anderson is just that good

- 41 yrs old
- coming off gallbladder surgery
- out of shape with no camp
- flew in 24 hours before jetlagged to induct nog into hall of fame
- moved up a weight class
- fought a terrible stylistic matchup
- oh and daniel is the most motivated hes ever been in his life and the #1 ranked LHW

Anderson ate his best shots, neutralized his dangerous GnP defensively, and outstruck him, making him go for takedowns and clinch (which is his bread and butter anyways), even hurting him bad in the 3rd with a body kick lol

GOAT

Lol'd at "rematch"...

I haven't heard a single individual, casual or hardcore, ask for a rematch of that fight. It was a matchup made out of pure desperation as a result of Jon being pulled...

Ain't no one wanna see a rematch.

Nah dc doesnt have much more then a smoothering top game.He didnt want to take a chance with getting clipped on the feet so didnt exchange and i doubt he fained being hurt

Even if he did go easy on Silva (which he didn't), it wouldn't make him a good dude. On the contrary, he would be disrespecting the fans, the sport and above all, his opponent.

Back