Lawler looked worried and not confident at all (weigh-in)

Empyreal

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Lawler usually is mentally one of the strongest guys at the weigh-ins but this time there was something wrong with him.

When he entered the stage at the weigh-ins he had this worried look on his face. compare this to the focused "i know what im doing" look when facing condit and macdonald. Usually he is animated and might even crack a joke to his coach but this time he was really stiff and quiet. Couple times he looked down what you usually do when you are not comfortable in the situation, ofc this can be nothing. As he and Tyron were breaking up he seemed a bit lost and didnt know what to do, usually he just deadstares opponent down and turns away, now he was waiting Tyrons reaction rather than leading.

All and all there can be natural explanation for all this, like he is fighting his former teammate and it threw him little bit off or due to bad weight cut etc. I just think Lawler wasnt 100% mentally, he might be when bell rings but at the weigh-in he showed weakness which is never a good thing.

All this coming from a Lawler fan and I really hope he gives Tyron prolonged beatdown cain-jds2 style.

As soon as the first round starts, he'll be ok. Ive never seen anyone switch on for a fight the way Lawler does. He looks so chilled out dancing to Sam and Dave, and then boom, killswitch.

No pictures.

All dialogue.

No evidence.

All opinion.

Threads like these are the best.

Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg

He looked like a killer as usual IMO.

I'm really glad there are so many psychologists who post on Sherdog. It's so helpful.

If Woodley becomes champ tonight, I'm gonna hate the WW division for letting that shit happen...

Probably just mulling over the crossword he was doing out the back

You said Lawler had the look of "i know what im doing" when vs Condit and Rory yet he could have lost both fights ... so it means nothing.
At the end of this weigh ins he said he was gonna KO Tyron .... thats not lack of confidence ... so we shall wait and see...

No pictures.

All dialogue.

No evidence.

All opinion.

Threads like these are the best.

Agree that its not as convincing as it would be with gifs which i cant do. still wanted to voice my opinion. everyone can go back to rory, condit and tyron weigh-ins and look for them selves, it takes like 5 minutes to compare material, big deal.

You said Lawler had the look of "i know what im doing" when vs Condit and Rory yet he could have lost both fights ... so it means nothing.
At the end of this weigh ins he said he was gonna KO Tyron .... thats not lack of confidence ... so we shall wait and see...

its just his style to talk about how he will annihilate his opponent, im just saying he would say that same line even if he would be scared to dead of his opponent.

You are no lawler fan

ahh, thanks for letting me know.

Agree that its not as convincing as it would be with gifs which i cant do. still wanted to voice my opinion. everyone can go back to rory, condit and tyron weigh-ins and look for them selves, it takes like 5 minutes to compare material, big deal.

its just his style to talk about how he will annihilate his opponent, im just saying he would say that same line even if he would be scared to dead of his opponent.

ahh, thanks for letting me know.
He looks a little less muscular then usual imo, but i doubt that he is scared ... we shall see what goes down.

Clearly Lawler doesn't know how to handle Woodley's speed.

Back