Lioness wants Rousey

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/29/ufcs-amanda-nunes-i-want-rousey-next/

Straight from the champ's mouth ... Amanda Nunes says she wants to get in the Octagon with Ronda Rousey as soon as possible -- if Ronda actually fights again.

Nunes -- who just beat Miesha Tate to win the Women's bantamweight title -- was doing a media event for UFC 201 and was asked who she would pick for her first title defense.

14-Amanda-Nunes-UFC-178-weigh-750x370.png

Nunes didn't hesitate -- "Ronda Rousey" ... but only IF the UFC legend decides to fight again.

2E896AF900000578-0-image-a-12_1447782835420.jpg

Nunes says it's important for her to square off with Ronda "to prove to everybody one more time I deserve to be here."

If Ronda doesn't fight again, Nunes says she already has a Plan B -- Julianna Pena -- but says she'd beat JP's ass ... "no problem."

/

Lol @ Rousey being a #DNB and hiding behind her purple pillow, all the top girls are hunting her now. Maybe she should just submit to Cyborg and ride with her for safety.

Last edited:
Nunes is bad news for Ronda, dont think ronda can take that amount of damage in round 1 and 2. going to be hard to muscle nunes down in first 10min.

she better not sit out for over 6 months waiting for her

Of course she does. Who doesn't want to make the most money possible?

Conor, Bisping, Alvarez, and now Nunes. I can't wait to hear a champion say something along the lines of "whoever they put in front of me, whoever is the #1 ranked fighter, that's who I want to fight." I understand wanting the money fights, but it's kind of annoying that a large crop of people that haven't defended their belt once, think they have the right to choose whatever fight they want, and not fight the top ranked person in their division.

Last edited:
Ronda had a headstart in terms of her judo/submission skill, but the killers are here. She's still easily top 5, but I can see her losing to quite a few fighters. The mystique is gone, new opposition has been assured she's not UNSTOPPABLE, and while she's still top dog on the ground and the clinch, it's still a dangerous pool to dive back in. It probably has something to do with the division having professional strikers now. Shocking.

This is Nunes´s time to shine.... besides staying champion, she is looking for that big money fight, that is Ronda. Brazilians know they are not the biggest draws or Dana´s favorite fighters, so if they don´t take advantage of their opportunity to make money, they might not get a second chance. that´s what she´s looking forward too, by calling out Ronda. But right now Amanda is just too much for Ronda.... Rousey just might have missed her only chance to get the belt back, when she didn´t return to fight Miesha.....

Conor, Bisping, Alvarez, and now Nunes. I can't wait to here a champion say something along the lines of "whoever they put in front of me, whoever is the #1 ranked fighter, that's who I want to fight." I understand wanting the money fights, but it's kind of annoying that a large crop of people that haven't defended their belt once, think they have the right to choose whatever fight they want, and not fight the top ranked person in their division.
Great post. I feel the same.

If Rousey comes abck, she'd be well advised to take a warm up fight before fighting Nunes, but Nunes-Rousey would be a good, and likely short, fight.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/07/29/ufcs-amanda-nunes-i-want-rousey-next/

Straight from the champ's mouth ... Amanda Nunes says she wants to get in the Octagon with Ronda Rousey as soon as possible -- if Ronda actually fights again.

Nunes -- who just beat Miesha Tate to win the Women's bantamweight title -- was doing a media event for UFC 201 and was asked who she would pick for her first title defense.

14-Amanda-Nunes-UFC-178-weigh-750x370.png

Nunes didn't hesitate -- "Ronda Rousey" ... but only IF the UFC legend decides to fight again.

2E896AF900000578-0-image-a-12_1447782835420.jpg

Nunes says it's important for her to square off with Ronda "to prove to everybody one more time I deserve to be here."

If Ronda doesn't fight again, Nunes says she already has a Plan B -- Julianna Pena -- but says she'd beat JP's ass ... "no problem."

/

Lol @ Rousey being a #DNB and hiding behind her purple pillow, all the top girls are hunting her now. Maybe she should just submit to Cyborg and ride with her for safety.

I legit feel bad for Ronda...

Holly never called out Ronda, she always said, if she comes back, great, lets get a fight, if not, oh well.

Then Tate is like Rondas a DNB shes done, shes done, or come back and fight me!, Bryan Tate needs a new car!!!

Now Nunes is like, I gotta get that money fight, my girlfriend needs a new car!!!

Conor, Bisping, Alvarez, and now Nunes. I can't wait to hear a champion say something along the lines of "whoever they put in front of me, whoever is the #1 ranked fighter, that's who I want to fight." I understand wanting the money fights, but it's kind of annoying that a large crop of people that haven't defended their belt once, think they have the right to choose whatever fight they want, and not fight the top ranked person in their division.

Great post. I feel the same.

So Nunes should campaign for a rematch with Tate?

If recall correctly champions get ppv points, no shit she would want to fight the biggest draw in her division.

I think Nunes takes it. Both have that HW gas tank, but I think Nunes can get it done within 2 rounds.

So Nunes should campaign for a rematch with Tate?
She should take whoever it is that they give her. Shevchenko seems like the obvious choice since she was winning the 3rd vs Nunes, and just beat Holm.

Back