So is it possible Hunt just wants out to head back to Japan and make Cheddar?

ingoditrust

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I get that three guys juiced on him, but was he the only one that thought Brock was not juiced out of his mind at the weigh ins? Is he this surprised? Looks like Wand, and Cro Cop being back overseas, could easily bring the band back together, and give another few years, plus millions in. Also I am thinking no one over there will be tested.

Just keep hearing Brockaroni saying "I am one tough son of a -----", when in reality he would of been owned without the juice.

WWE got their promo, UFC got their bank, and now Hunt needs his payday and release.

Nobody will pay him more than the UFC. They're the biggest and best paying promotion, so I don't know where people get this idea that other promotions will pay more. It's bullshit.

Doesn't Hunt get like half a million just to show up? Who can match that? Let alone pay him more?

yeah but at least there's no bullshit façade around it there.

Though as Chael said on InsideMMA, no one was under the impression Brock was clean and Hunt is being disingenuous by saying otherwise.

Mark is just sour that he lost. He thought (as most of us did) he was going to come in and light Lesnar up, getting a good KO and catapulting him back into the title picture. But he lost, combined with Brock actually getting caught, and he saw a way to make a stink and try to get some money.

I think Hunt, as all fighters in his position, should get a chunk of their opponents overall salary (including PPV points) if that opponent is caught using PEDs. But he can't say he didn't think his massive payday came with the fact that everyone knew Brock was on something (Even if he wasn't caught he's still built out of the decades of Steroids he did in the WWE)

No he is just having a prolonged breakdown because he got his ass kicked.

Part of him is also trying to see if he can get paid off the PED angle, which I can't fault him for, though it won't work.

If he helps get the idea of a Fighters' Association going out of all this that will be pretty cool though.

Doesn't Hunt get like half a million just to show up? Who can match that? Let alone pay him more?

He got $700K for the Brock fight due to the circumstances and high profile, before that he made $160K against Bigfoot (which baseline was more than Ronda made to show) He then got the same amount versus Mir.

If he helps get the idea of a Fighters' Association going out of all this that will be pretty cool though.

All a fighter's association will do (as it does in every other sport) is protect the person using the steroids against the commission. A union would have squashed USADA testing in it's tracks, as it did for years in Baseball and the NFL. While Union's best interest are that of it's members (well first it's interest are of the union bosses and their pay) that also means covering the asses of people who cheat and commit crimes, they don't separate helping those who are the victim and those or are the perpetrator, they act as if all members are the same.

A Fighters Association would also help them raise overall pay, and protect their health from IV bans, stuff like that.

All a fighter's association will do (as it does in every other sport) is protect the person using the steroids against the commission. A union would have squashed USADA testing in it's tracks, as it did for years in Baseball and the NFL. While Union's best interest are that of it's members (well first it's interest are of the union bosses and their pay) that also means covering the asses of people who cheat and commit crimes, they don't separate helping those who are the victim and those or are the perpetrator, they act as if all members are the same.
Yep, bad will come with the good if a Union is formed. Just comes down to which evils are better to accept in the long run.

A lot of folks on sherdog thought he was. No matter what Hunt has everyone talking about it, only good can come from this.

Nobody will pay him more than the UFC. They're the biggest and best paying promotion, so I don't know where people get this idea that other promotions will pay more. It's bullshit.

Lol, you really think that?Hunt could probably go to Japan, where is a name and probably get above what the UFC pays him. Is it financially sound for whatever Japanese/Russian/whatever org to pay him that much, no, but Hunt definitely can make more money overseas. Rematches with Fedor, CC, Wand in Japan or Russia would definitely get him more money than the UFC.

while a lot of that is true, it would also definitely work to give them a higher standard of payment, as Unions do in any other instance. Veterans and big name fighters would be able to ask for more, and lower tier guys would be able to get a wage that makes risking their livelihood more worthwhile. It would also set up a pension plan, and health insurance so that fighters arent dead broke post career or dont have to beg on gofundme after horrific injuries like Cyborg did. Collective bargaining is nothing to scoff at.

If you're a fan of fighters, not the promoters I dont understand how anyone WOULDNT support a fighers union. Granted maybe Im bias because Im a Union member myself and they've covered my ass plenty of times and made sure I didnt get fucked over time and again so I have personal experience with the benefits it provides lol.

He probably wants to go back to Japan so that he can start juicing as much as he used to as well.

Yep, bad will come with the good if a Union is formed. Just comes down to which evils are better to accept in the long run.

I think a lot depends on who they organize with. If it's the shyster union that's been after the brothers, no good will come from it for the fighters. I've seen my own union, run the AFL-CIO, do everything to screw the workers and help management, because it means more money in the union workers coffers. (not those working under the union by the day to day operations and bosses)

If they can somehow pair with a sports union, like the MLBPA or NFLPA, I think it wouldn't be a terrible thing for the fighters. We'll get the aforementioned fighting to keep steroids and other things that overall hurt the sport, but they'll first and foremost have the players as their number 1 priority, not the management of the union.

while a lot of that is true, it would also definitely work to give them a higher standard of payment, as Unions do in any other instance. Veterans and big name fighters would be able to ask for more, and lower tier guys would be able to get a wage that makes risking their livelihood more worthwhile. It would also set up a pension plan, and health insurance so that fighters arent dead broke post career or dont have to beg on gofundme after horrific injuries like Cyborg did. Collective bargaining is nothing to scoff at.

If you're a fan of fighters, not the promoters I dont understand how anyone WOULDNT support a fighers union. Granted maybe Im bias because Im a Union member myself and they've covered my ass plenty of times and made sure I didnt get fucked over time and again so I have personal experience with the benefits it provides lol.

I think, like other pro sports, veterans and high ranking fighters gain little from a union outside of protection from their bad deeds. The union does nothing, salary wise, for Alex Rodriguez or Clayton Kershaw, they have great agents and great resume's that decide their salary. But, as you said, it will do a ton for the new guys who will come in with a higher base salary. Collective Bargaining is somewhat of a joke because there is nothing collective about it, the bigger names all bargain on their own, for pay and perks, they could easily use that same power to force the hands of the owners to pay new guys better, but they don't because at the end of the day everyone on all sides are selfish.

As for Pensions and Health Benefits, the problem is that the union was only looking to unionize the UFC, not Bellator and WSOF, where the fighters need those things the most. The UFC already covers all health care as long as guys are signed to a fight (they may have extended it to everyone under contract, but i'm not 100% certain) Pension is also essentially just a pay bonus to some, 16% in my union's case, but with most unions it's a time thing. So if a fighter only has 1 or 2 fights the pension may not cover them. (Cyborg's wife actually begged for him and Cyborg said he's donating all the money she got to a place in Brazil that helped him when he was a kid)

Like you i'm a union member, but unfortunatly I've got somewhat of an opposite experience (as do many of my fellow workers) where they've fought against us time and time again. The benefits have been good, but overall I've seen how those of us at the bottom of the ladder get screwed over and over, and it could happen in the UFC, making cards smaller because the new owners will now see it's easier to just have 5 big fights and 2 prelim fights, all with experienced fighters, or having the same amount of fights with 1 big and 6 throw away fights. What will determine how good the union works is how it treats those lower guys, and if it's like mine it's not gonna be good, but as I said in another post if they get someone like the MLBPA or NFLPA to organize for them, then all the fighters, big and small, will have it much better.

Financially stable proven money making infrastructure UFC vs. lucky if you get two events in Japan Rizin where you may or may not actually get paid?

Mark Hunt's reaction to the thread title:

Mark is stupid, he's a big draw in UFC, he's ruining everything lol...

He got $700K for the Brock fight due to the circumstances and high profile, before that he made $160K against Bigfoot (which baseline was more than Ronda made to show) He then got the same amount versus Mir.
He signed a new contract after the Mir fight actually, look up the facts.

Back