How can the people who work for the UFC not know anything about the fighters or fights?

phatron

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
On the UFC rankings they have Nate #4 LW

nate01_zps556kq65f.png

On fight pass they have Nate v Conor listed as a WW Title Fight and Nate being #4 WW

nate02_zpsluycswfh.png

You think the website is run by Dana and the Fertitas? It's just an oversight by some IT intern.

UFC is making the excuse that Nate Diaz is a WW...It's so obvious at this point that is pathetic.

UFC is shady as fuck.

You think the website is run by Dana and the Fertitas? It's just an oversight by some IT intern.

No smarty pants. But it seems like it would be pretty easy to find an IT guy that watches the fights and knows what he's typing....

Almost seems like it's run by a small group of people who don't really give a fuck.

Mistakes happen. To me, a far more egregious error is the idea that Nate is ranked the #4 LW. The guy got dominated in 3 of his last 5 LW fights. Wins over Michael Johnson and a FW don't support such a ranking.

It could be one of two things, 1 is the UFC is trying to cover their tracks, if Nate wins then Conor lost to a high ranked fighter two weight classes above his own. 2 whoever put that stuff together doesn't watch UFC and didn't notice or care about the error. UFC employees not watching the product is a more likely scenario but I wouldn't put it past the UFC to try and cover up for Conor.

No shit. For only the reason to remember how many times Mc Gregor has tapped, yesterday l was on his wikipedia page. No shit they have him listed as as a WW fighter also. Hmmmm me thinks??
Lets see?
Could it be?
No...
Okay now I get it, Conor mc Gregor and his fan base are the kids everyone ferkin hates when they were at school..

Now I'm pretty sure that's why they are listed as WW..?

Plus nate beat some fuckyard on the pound for pound list..

Not sure. You are. The black belt. Educate me 101

Rankings are done by media. Very few 'legit' MMA sites participate. It's all coolMMAblog.com or similar.

The Welterweight thing is...the fight is at Welterweight. 170 is Welterweight even if you're not a natural 170. The title fight thing is that nobody has bothered to fix it.

They also have Pettis ranked as the #7 featherweight ..... It's a joke

On the UFC rankings they have Nate #4 LW

nate01_zps556kq65f.png

On fight pass they have Nate v Conor listed as a WW Title Fight and Nate being #4 WW

nate02_zpsluycswfh.png
the rankings are not generated by the ufc.

and really, to have nate highly ranked at lw is not that far fetched..

They pay the web staff almost as much as low tier fighters. Because who gives a fuck about accuracy or fairness.

You completely missed the whole point. I am completely aware that the journalists do the rankings. This has nothing to do with that.

Their rankings site has him him #4 LIGHTWEIGHT.

The fight pass site has him #4 WELTERWEIGHT in a TITLE FIGHT at WELTERWEIGHT against Conor.

Do you see the problems now? I mean they were already spelled out in the OP....but maybe bolding and underlining the major points will help you.

You completely missed the whole point. I am completely aware that the journalists do the rankings. This has nothing to do with that.

Their rankings site has him him #4 LIGHTWEIGHT.

The fight pass site has him #4 WELTERWEIGHT in a TITLE FIGHT at WELTERWEIGHT against Conor.

Do you see the problems now? I mean they were already spelled out in the OP....but maybe bolding and underlining the major points will help you.
yeah it did

It's to keep up the stupid façade that Conor is fighting two weight classes up, when instead he is fighting a LW fighter at 170. Both of these fights should have been at 155 to start with for crying out loud.

No smarty pants. But it seems like it would be pretty easy to find an IT guy that watches the fights and knows what he's typing....
Or at least a neckbeard that verifies the data prior to entering it.

Back