Some people don't know what robberies are

GrantB13

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We see it all the time when a close decision comes about. It's always labeled a robbery but the consensus could be split. Fights like Diaz/Condit, GSP/Hendricks, etc are all called robberies but are very debated.

What are some TRUE robberies that are universally despised and make you think the judges were on crack? Fights that would even make the winner feel bad for getting their hand raised?

Machida/Shogun. Even one of the judges came out after saying it was a mistake.

Almost any Diego Sanchez fight from the past 5 years or so

Sherdog definition = My favorite fighter lost a close fight.

Lawler vs Condit was a bigger robbery than Lee Murray's.

Lawler vs Condit was a bigger robbery than Lee Murray's.
nah man Lawler won that fight in the fifth round. He deserved to win. He hurt Condit a bunch of times in that fight.

Condit got robbed bigtime, couldn't believe my ears when I heard the decision

nah man Lawler won that fight in the fifth round. He deserved to win. He hurt Condit a bunch of times in that fight.

So Condit didn't deserve to win, despite taking the 1st, 3rd, and 4th rounds clearly?

Huge Lawler fan here btw

Genki/Ludwig
Bisping/Hamill
Diego/everybody
Leonard Garcia/Nam Phan 1
Condit/Lawler

etc

So Condit didn't deserve to win, despite taking the 1st, 3rd, and 4th rounds clearly?

Huge Lawler fan here btw

I thought Lawler won 3 -2 rounds at the time. Can't remember which rounds though, It was a long time ago.

Genki/Ludwig
Bisping/Hamill
Diego/everybody
Leonard Garcia/Nam Phan 1
Condit/Lawler

etc

Bisping/Hamill is in my top 3 for sure.
Penn vs. Edgar 1 is the other. One judge went 50-45 Edgar which was incomprehensible.

Some fights are deemed robberies because people judge the fight based on their own emotional criteria, and not the actual written down rules. GSP vs Hendricks is one of those fights where if you just watch it and at the end say "Hendricks won this", you might feel it is a robbery. But if you watch it ROUND BY ROUND and use the eyes of the judges and go by what we all know judges go by now, it's not that outlandish of a decision.

We see it all the time when a close decision comes about. It's always labeled a robbery but the consensus could be split. Fights like Diaz/Condit, GSP/Hendricks, etc are all called robberies but are very debated.

What are some TRUE robberies that are universally despised and make you think the judges were on crack? Fights that would even make the winner feel bad for getting their hand raised?

I agree with you. GSP clearly beat Hendricks and considering he was the reigning champion it's no way a robbery.

TJ/Cruz though was the robbery of the century. You can't take away the belt from the better, more agressive fighter and give it to the one who runs away and gets away with point fighting.

Back