Hypothetical: Anthony Pettis vs. Yair Rodriguez @ FW

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This would be an amazing match up, guaranteed fireworks. Two masters of stand-up fighting.
Hopefully they make this happen at some point if Pettis ends up being succesful at FW.

I thought this was an announcement.

I don't think Pettis will do well at FW.

Not even sure if Pettis can beat Oliveira.

Fight would be dope but I doubt it will happen anytime soon since they train together. I'd pick Pettis though.

On a side note Rodriguez vs Caceres is a really underrated fight, if it goes all 5 or ends in 1 it should be really entertaining.

People are sleeping on Pettis so bad.

Yair is good but has no where near the striking fundamentals of Pettis. Pettis is a great kicker, who adds in the showtime when he's at his best. Yair's stand up is coming along but shaky sometimes

People are sleeping on Pettis so bad.

Yair is good but has no where near the striking fundamentals of Pettis. Pettis is a great kicker, who adds in the showtime when he's at his best. Yair's stand up is coming along but shaky sometimes
"RDA took his soul"

Pettis gives a few fks on when to do flashy.

Yair gives none.

Might be delusional as fuck but I have not given up on Pettis just yet.

Yeah Pettis vs Rodriguez or Swanson would be guaranteed fireworks. Him and Aldo is still a dream match of mine too.

Fight would be dope but I doubt it will happen anytime soon since they train together. I'd pick Pettis though.

On a side note Rodriguez vs Caceres is a really underrated fight, if it goes all 5 or ends in 1 it should be really entertaining.
Caceres is one of the most underrated fighter for sure in the division

Caceres is one of the most underrated fighter for sure in the division

He's looking good at 145, hope he is not as hot and cold like he was at 135. In his last fight he dropped and threw Miller around like a kid, something he definitely did not have the physicality for at 135.

Its gonna suck that one of them has to lose, and on one hand I hope that the loss wont be too brutal for the loser, but on the other hand i wanna see some ninja fatality shit.

I don't think Pettis will do well at FW.
Why? he's way better suited at that weight. Most of the top fighters (Holloway, Aldo, Mcgregor) are Primarily strikers. He can't get held down or wrestlefucked as easy.

However, Shame on the UFC for giving pettis Oliveria for his first fight at FW, Absolute nightmare match up for him

Why? he's way better suited at that weight. Most of the top fighters (Holloway, Aldo, Mcgregor) are Primarily strikers. He can't get held down or wrestlefucked as easy.

However, Shame on the UFC for giving pettis Oliveria for his first fight at FW, Absolute nightmare match up for him
Lack of boxing skills

Good fight, but they should give Pettis an easy win,he lost his last 3,yes against top dogs,but still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back