Gomi is finished.

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its really sad watching Gomi nowadays... hes been finished for a while. :(

Indeed. Time to hang them up. Very sad.

But why has this happened? Is it the age factor? Is it not having the hometown advantage? The love and pride of a nation behind you. Maybe he lost his passion and just fights for money now.

I agree. But in his younger days he was a destructive savage with dynamite fists and an iron chin. That is the Gomi that I will always remember

Great fighter. I'd prefer to see him hang up the gloves than take beatings like he has recently. Had some amazing fights across his long career.

Sanchez vs Gomi 2 in a for god sake retire match.

He's been done since like 08. I just pretend it's a different person with the same name

Gomi is taking all the chances he has to make last money.
Last fight against Miller was pathetic. He basically stepped in the octagon and looking for a painless quick end of the fight and cash in. Very sad, but i can't blame him.

I felt bad watching Joe Lauzon finish both Gomi and Sanchez, especially Sanchez but this is a Gomi thread so I won't get into it

You guys are way too negative. Gomi had a decent time at the top. Now he has a comfortable schedule, goes out and bangs a bit in the octagon, makes some cash, goes home, fucks bitches. I say he has a nice little ride towards the sunset going on and there's no reason to either hinder or hurry him up.

Great fighter. I'd prefer to see him hang up the gloves than take beatings like he has recently. Had some amazing fights across his long career.

You know what happens to race horses with broken legs and old samurai's, right?
seppuku-o.gif

He had a Hendo-esque acomplishment going in terms of never being finished by strikes in a long career with many strikers on his resume. I was hoping that he would retire before this recent string of easy TKO losses.

But why has this happened? Is it the age factor? Is it not having the hometown advantage? The love and pride of a nation behind you. Maybe he lost his passion and just fights for money now.
I think the sport got ahead of him. He was always very basic with his striking and would chuck punches from his hip. Not that his chin isn't as good and his takedown defense isn't there he just doesn't have what it take to compete with the top guys which is what his well known name is going to feed him to.

If he wouldn't have gotten robbed against Diego he would have been on a 3 or 4 fight winning streak and most likely would have been in a title eliminator fight. It was the Diego fight where he just gave up after that.

Happens to the best of them! He has a couple good fights left in him, just keep him away from the JIm Millers of the world

What else is he gonna do? be an accountant?

I haven't watched his last few fights. Is he even trying, or does he just dive within the first couple minutes to get outta there before he hurts himself?

Happens to the best of them! He has a couple good fights left in him, just keep him away from the JIm Millers of the world

What else is he gonna do? be an accountant?

Are you insane? He's done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back