Most Entertaining WW Champion: Lawler or GSP?

Most entertaining champion?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
While Robbie Lawler is preparing for his third welterweight title defense against Tyron Woodley at UFC 201 this Saturday, many fans are intrigued by the possibility of a bout with former champ Georges St-Pierre.

. . .

"I don't really get too excited (about a St-Pierre bout)," Lawler said. "It'd be nice to beat him and showcase my skills against him, but I don't think he's coming back. It wouldn't be a smart move for him. He's done a lot for the sport and won a lot of fights. I'm not the guy I think he wants to come back against."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/2...interview-robbie-lawler-georges-st-pierre-gsp

Obviously Lawler. GSP is one of the best but every time I left the bar it would be like... "Another 50-45.. Who would have fucking guessed?!"

Lol this poll should be renamed to Canadian or nah?

Pretty obvious way to spot the Canadians in this poll.

GSP. Lawler is a brawler who goes to boring decisions.

GSP clearly 50-45 his opponents.

Anyone saying GSP is an absolute head case

Lawler. By the way, Hughes was a more entertaining champion than GSP, not sure if you were around for that

We need a guy that is a perfect mix of the two.

Skills of GSP, raw killer instinct and aggressivness of Lawler.

Also an equally good acronym like "GSP" for the crowd to chant

Gsp one of the most BORING champs of all time. Stupid to even ask.

I voted Lawler, but you may as well have asked us which fighter is the more Ruthless champion.

Last edited:
Robbie Lawler is not only more entertaining, but he's the better fighter too. GSP's record and accomplishments are amazing, but he didn't do what he did against fighters of the same level as currently seen in MMA

GSP is one of my alltime favorites but how is this even a question? Lawler's championship reign has consisted of battle after battle.

Robbie's fights against Rory and Condit were better than any Gsp fight ever.

Robbie Lawler is not only more entertaining, but he's the better fighter too. GSP's record and accomplishments are amazing, but he didn't do what he did against fighters of the same level as currently seen in MMA

Comparing common opponents, 2 of Robbie's title fight wins have been against guys that GSP has also beaten. GSP tooled a prime Koscheck twice. As for opponents GSP hasn't fought that Robbie has, we are left with Ellenberger and Brown, who aren't considered elite and were fighting during GSP's reign. There's Bobby Voelker, a journeyman, and Rory, one of GSP's main training partners and protege. Not sure how you could say he's the better fighter and base it off of "current levels of MMA" when there's not much different between who they have fought thus far.

300spartan1.gif

Easy. Lawler by far. GSP, however was the better all-around fighter.

I voted for Robbie Lawler, however if they were to fight in the near future. I would take Georges to win by UD 49-46.

Back