Alvarez: Moraes can come to UFC and be 135lb champion; he will come over here and do some big things

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

10:17

Did Eddie let the cat out of the bag? Marlon has his last fight on his WSOF contract tomorrow.....Ive been saying for a while Marlon matches up well with Dominick.

I don't think he's too far from the Truth. Moraes is one of the best fighters outside the UFC right now.

No doubt he'll be a great addition. A tremendous talent.

Don't see him beating Dom. Dude hasn't fought the top talent and had a decently close fight with Miguel Torres who got worse before and after getting dominated by Mighty Mouse when he was only a wrestler. If he does get signed he would need to get a few solid wins in the UFC for me to believe it. Is competition isn't comparable to who Alvarez fought.

"I train with this guy, so that means he's the best"

50-45 Cruz, easy. Marlon is good no doubt, but he's no world champ. Maybe he can get to the top 5, but I highly doubt he gets passed guys like Assuncao and Dillashaw.

And lol @ Eddie's leprechaun beard.

Don't see him beating Dom. Dude hasn't fought the top talent and had a decently close fight with Miguel Torres who got worse before and after getting dominated by Mighty Mouse when he was only a wrestler. If he does get signed he would need to get a few solid wins in the UFC for me to believe it. Is competition isn't comparable to who Alvarez fought.

Marlon beat Miguel more clearly than Demetrious.

LMAO have u even seen Miguel/Demetrious fight? It was a robbery. "dominated" rofl

watch the fight

He's right. Moraes needs some tests in the UFC but his footwork is outstanding and his striking is on point. He has all the potential in the world to be top 5 UFC.

Hopefully Mark Henry could make a gameplan to force Cruz to fight. I could only imagine how gay Cruz would make that fight, running all the way back to Arizona.

Marlon beat Miguel more clearly than Demetrious.

LMAO have u even seen Miguel/Demetrious fight? It was a robbery. "dominated" rofl

watch the fight

Miguel had nothing for DJ. DJ out struck him and took him down easily. Then Marlon fights him a year later and doesn't look as good. I remember the DJ specifically because he wasn't a big name but an up and comer and I thought for sure Miguel was going to beat him down but DJ was way too fast and dominated him on the ground when back then all he was was a fast wrestler. Marlon has beat no one to make me believe he's beating Cruz.

First of all,that was 4 years ago,a year or so after MM beat Torres,both have improved tons.Also many thought Torres beat Mighty Mouse....

Sherdog scores:
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Torres (30-27 Torres)
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Torres (30-27 Torres)
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-10 (30-28 Torres)

I remember it being a very close and semi controversial fight which is why I checked the play by play and sure enough not a single Sherdog judge had a single round for Mighty Mouse.

I think Dom would beat him also in a competitive fight,but please don't blab bullshit.Terrible post dude.

Hopefully a Hill decision ruins everyone's day.

First of all,that was 4 years ago,a year or so after MM beat Torres,both have improved tons.Also many thought Torres beat Mighty Mouse....

Sherdog scores:
Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Torres (30-27 Torres)
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Torres (30-27 Torres)
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-10 (30-28 Torres)

I remember it being a very close and semi controversial fight which is why I checked the play by play and sure enough not a single Sherdog judge had a single round for Mighty Mouse.

I think Dom would beat him also in a competitive fight,but please don't blab bullshit.Terrible post dude.
Marlon is balls. He'd have trouble with Faber

I mean, anything is better than beating some guy from XplodeMMA by leg kicking him 5 times in a gymnasium where they're playing volleyball 50 feet away.

"I train with this guy, so that means he's the best"

50-45 Cruz, easy. Marlon is good no doubt, but he's no world champ. Maybe he can get to the top 5, but I highly doubt he gets passed guys like Assuncao and Dillashaw.

And lol @ Eddie's leprechaun beard.

Kinda dig the beard, but it's like neo-leprechaun.

Miguel had nothing for DJ. DJ out struck him and took him down easily. Then Marlon fights him a year later and doesn't look as good. I remember the DJ specifically because he wasn't a big name but an up and comer and I thought for sure Miguel was going to beat him down but DJ was way too fast and dominated him on the ground when back then all he was was a fast wrestler. Marlon has beat no one to make me believe he's beating Cruz.
So much wrong with this post.

Miguel Torres vs Demetrious Johnson

1.jpg

Miguel Torres vs Marlon Moraes

2.jpg

The fuck are you on about dude? 'outstruck' ....lol

Miguel smashed him from the bottom, and broke DJ's leg(checking a kick) in the process. ExitLUPin was right, you obviously haven't seen the fight.

So much wrong with this post.

Miguel Torres vs Demetrious Johnson

1.jpg

Miguel Torres vs Marlon Moraes

2.jpg
Idc what that says Marlan has been beating weak competition. If he's in the UFC he might not ever get a title shot let alone beat Cruz and I'm positive DJ could be him as well.

Just wrote a piece on my blog about using transfer fees and loaning in MMA like they do in football (soccer). It would be great if WSOF could loan or even sell the rights to the UFC. Smaller organizations need some type of financial incentive besides simply being able to sell themselves as a feeder league for the UFC. The UFC could use established talent like this, especially for weightclasses like flyweight, bantamweight and heavyweight, though, I have to admit bantamweight has become more and more interesting over the last couple of years.

Back