How active would Tyron Woodley be as champion?

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If his current layoff is any indication, we'd only get 2 Welterweight title fights every 3 years. His next fight would be January 2018 going by his current level of activity. I predict that'd be UFC 220 or so.

Realistically, if he beats Robbie tomorrow night, when do you expect he'll want to fight again? Will he want to fight again in 2016?

How many more heads will Wonderboy be required to collect on his way to a title shot? If Woodley sits out until January 2018, Wonderboy will by then be on a 10 or 11-fight streak. Is that enough?

If his current layoff is any indication, we'd only get 2 Welterweight title fights every 3 years. His next fight would be January 2018 going by his current level of activity. I predict that'd be UFC 220 or so.

Realistically, if he beats Robbie tomorrow night, when do you expect he'll want to fight again? Will he want to fight again in 2016?

How many more heads will Wonderboy be required to collect on his way to a title shot? If Woodley sits out until January 2018, Wonderboy will by then be on a 10 or 11-fight streak. Is that enough?

> implying Wonderboy goes on a streak that big
Wonderboy would probably only fight once or twice if Woodleys defense came Jan 2018... He wants that title and isn't gonna risk it fighting several times before then... Especially since he isn't invincible

I'd like to think he'd be more active once/if he gets the belt. I kinda lost respect for him though the way he's handle himself to get the title shot. Kept complaining about how he deserved a shot then loses and still think he gets one then wins a close fight and sits around until Maia and Wonderboy get booked again. Crazy if you look at what Maia and Wonderboy have done then what Woodley has and you really question what the UFC is thinking.

They'll make him defend this year, he's not sitting on the title.

Try and hold out for a big money fight, or a super fight, but he's not a big time star like he thinks he is or regarded as one the elite fighters so I don't see someone like GSP wanting to come back to fight him.

It's not really his fault. Injured in a fight that he won, Hendricks pulled out of the next one at the last second, and apparently was never offered a fight after that until the title shot. You can debate if he deserves the title shot but it's not like he's at Cain Velasquez-status of pulling out of fights.

Back