Werdum: I think [something like] TRT should be available for every fighter

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
"Hunt is right, he needs to complaing about it, he's in his right. If they don't offer anything to him, he should have the right to leave the UFC. They were unfair to him. I don't even talk about the UFC, I think the athletic commission is the one to blame, more so. I support Hunt. It is too strict this doping thing. I think they should allow something like TRT, but for everyone, not only for a few. They have to set a limit. An MMA athlete trains a lot, it's really taxing and demanding. They had to allow TRT for everyone. But for really everyone. Nowadays you can control everything. They should just control everything in an athlete's body until level X. More than that, it's doping. And for everyone, it would not matter age or some specific case. They had to allow like a TRT for high performance athletes. It would be better for everyone, they would fight better, they would be more fit to fight, I don't see why not. The show will be bigger, I think like that. It has to have a limit, of course, but it would be like a regular TRT, that they would be able to control it. This thing about the commission always being in your home... They do a lot of tests, it's tough, they ring the doorbell at 6 am. You don't even tell to your wife where you go, but you have to tell the commission (laughs)? You have to tell them everything, it's tough. Everyone thinks the same, I'm sure."

"Brock was really strong, lean, no fat, in the peak of his cycle, it could be easily seen. I think he knew he would get caught. I can't say, I think the UFC didn't know, but Brock knew. He did the cycle and he wasn't clean. It was shameless. He made a lot of money, he wouldn't continue fighting, he just wanted to make money and he got it. I think they need to reach a deal, because Mark Hunt accept this fight and he needs to get a percentage off [Brock's] purse, he deserves it. Mark is right. The guy got caught in the doping and what now? It's a bit weird, Hunt deserves a percentage off of Lesnar. The UFC isn't a priority for him. His thing is the WWE. He wanted the money, he only thought in the financial gains."

--

ok, some things may not have been perfectly translated, that's for sure, but the general idea is there. TRT FOR EVERYBODY + annoying people at the commission (it's actually USADA, but he says commission for some reason) + hunt needs a percentage off brock's purse

http://www.lance.com.br/lutas/werdum-avalia-rigor-usada-sugere-liberacao-trt-para-todos.html (portuguese interview)

I agree with everything. now USADA can monitor these levels pretty easily, why not drugs for everyone? a low PED limit, just like I have been saying since recently, and what's in my sign. lower bans would be great, too
and with the hunt whine thing, I agree on the purse thing. Just give hunt like 20% from brock's purse and that's it. If hunt still keeps bitching, maybe cut him or some shit

thoughts at the TRT for everyone @dimspace?

but don't you agree that you can monitor these levels way easier now with USADA and it would be a more feasible thing to do instead of back then when people were abusing the system with the lame ass athletic commissions?

Agree with everything he said.

image-gif.107099

Seems like the only fighters who aren't dependent on 'supplements' are the girls.

It should be simplified; Just set a hard limit on T/E ratio and Testosterone levels and then let people take whatever substances they want as long as they stay under the limit.

no, if you cant deal with the rigours of the sport..... then you shouldnt be fighting anymore

I agree. Testing is too strict. It is similar to reefer madness and all claims of steroids turning people in Benoit are junk science.

I actually read on CNN in a poll recently how most Americans are against biological enhancements like memory and strength. Fuckin luddism.

Werdum is basically admitting that he's ok with doping and indirectly stating that he has doped in the past by saying stuff like "it's too strict, we train really hard and TRT would make us fight better"

Perfect example of how just because a guy hasn't gotten caught doesn't mean he isn't on it.

Agree to some. But for real, Hunt doesn't have to get shit from Brock's money. He got his own.
Brock should be fined, lose his money. But not to Hunt.

Seems like the only fighters who aren't dependent on 'supplements' are the girls.

There are no 45 year old women fighting either. Women age differently than men. Women are old after 35. men are much different...

What an idiot. Why not allow TRT for no one and the most talented clean fighters prevail? This would pretty much make fighters who have always been clean reconsider their morals in order to have a fair playing field even if they are the better fighters.

Back