New Early Weigh Ins?

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
What is Rose Namajunas talking about on Instagram about new early weigh ins? What was it before vs now?

It was this morning, instead of this afternoon. They now have many more hours to recover.

Oh that's cool. So if anyone misses weight now they should have no excuse

What is Rose Namajunas talking about on Instagram about new early weigh ins? What was it before vs now?

New rules starting from UFC 199

The official scale is 9 in the morning but now for 200/201 was 8 in the morning up till 12 or something so you don't have to waste half a day and stand around for hours already ready on the weight..

Now you can have breakfast like normal and start on getting back those fluids.

Most fighters said it's much better just a few said it's screws with them sleeping cause they stress about it and are on weight from night time already and it's hard to sleep in those conditions.

Last edited:
Oh that's cool. So if anyone misses weight now they should have no excuse

Not necessarily. They need to be at the right weight no later than 10am I believe. This will give those who are unprepared less time to cut because they won't have the extra 6 hours or so. This is much better for the fighters though, giving them extra time to re hydrate.

Only a few events with the early weigh-ins so far, only it seems they havent figured it out how to do the evening weigh-in event, they still strip down and look at the scale lol.

For her they are new :)

Thats some nice AV you got there.

Only a few events with the early weigh-ins so far, only it seems they havent figured it out how to do the evening weigh-in event, they still strip down and look at the scale lol.
Yeah I always think that's weird.

Not sure why Woodley felt the need to strip down to the speedo

Didn't they do two weigh ins for UFC 200? Like an early official one then one just for show?

Not sure why Woodley felt the need to strip down to the speedo
People want to see the body and the shape they are in (so I appreciate it). Amazing how much bigger they are six hours later with those side-by-side photos.

I like that it gives fighters more time to rehydrate, but won't it also encourage them to cut even more weight?

Someone should tell Scoggins about how great these early weigh-ins are.

I like that it gives fighters more time to rehydrate, but won't it also encourage them to cut even more weight?
No. Many of them are already cutting as much as their body will actually allow. If people were already missing weight, it's not because of the timing, it's because their body won't shed any more water.

Someone should tell Scoggins about how great these early weigh-ins are.
Considering he stopped his cut last night, 12 hours before the weigh in, I doubt it had any effect. He pretty much acknowledged on twitter that he simply can't make 125 anymore, tweeting "Bantamweight" just after the news came out.

Back