BJ Responds to Dana

Chris Gaines

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Listen, I'm a big fan of Bj's. Most of us are. So, when Dana said he could of been the best but lacked motivation, it was kind of a back handed compliment. After Bj retired, I missed seeing him in the cage. Dana might think he was lazy, but a lazy Bj is better than no Bj.

Bj said -
“It’s flattering and it makes you sad at the same time,” Penn responded. “It’s strange for me to talk, because it’s like one side we’re talking about this Hall-of-Fame career guy, and on the other side, I’m just trying to prove myself.

“You got to talk about two different people, two different BJs at times. It’s his opinion and he’s entitled to that, and all I can do for my side is get in there and show them,” he added. “Maybe Dana White will look back and be like, ‘You know what? Look at him now. That guy really did reach his full potential.'”

Discuss.

YRozg_s-200x150.gif

Two BJs at the same time. How would that work?

Listen, I'm a big fan of Bj's. Most of us are. So, when Dana said he could of been the best but lacked motivation, it was kind of a back handed compliment. After Bj retired, I missed seeing him in the cage. Dana might think he was lazy, but a lazy Bj is better than no Bj.

Bj said -
“It’s flattering and it makes you sad at the same time,” Penn responded. “It’s strange for me to talk, because it’s like one side we’re talking about this Hall-of-Fame career guy, and on the other side, I’m just trying to prove myself.

“You got to talk about two different people, two different BJs at times. It’s his opinion and he’s entitled to that, and all I can do for my side is get in there and show them,” he added. “Maybe Dana White will look back and be like, ‘You know what? Look at him now. That guy really did reach his full potential.'”

Discuss.

It's time for Dana to dust off the script he read to Chuck after the Franklin fight.

Meh if he took it more seriously he may have not taken some of the fights he took that led him to have the legendary status. He could of injured himself overtraining. Nobody is ever the best alltime anyways the guy should be proud of what he accomplished and live a proud life.

The motivated Penn is a myth. Go by the record - it is what it is.

Back