Change of heart at 125

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I have always been a huge fan and defender of the smaller divisions. They are extremely fun to watch and I was a WEC fan. DJ is an amazing champ and is P4P #1 right now ,but there are some clear problems with the division. The UFC has not done a good job of talent finding, and or they cut guys when they could have been an addition to the roster. They should have been more lenient with losses until they built the roster up to the preferred size. Its also important to note that just naturally the division won't have as many guys as the bigger weight classes, but there are some badass Chinese, Filipino, Mexican, Thai, etc guys that could easily make the shift. Could you imagine a badass Thai who learned takedown defense? How can we fix this division to make it more exciting. Everyone has already lost to DJ which makes it hard to find good fights for him. We need a Cruz vs DJ 2 or something to that caliber.

MM needs to move up and let FLW rebuild for a year or 2. A FLW TUF will help with depth too. But it's like when Anderson ruled he moved up 3 times which allowed MWs to develop a bit. MM could fight and beat a lot of 135lbers and go back when a fight makes money sense.

Yeah I think the UFC is trying given that the next season of TUF is comprised of flyweight champions across the world. Although I wish they'd change up the format a bit so fighters don't have to cut 125 throughtout the series as most fighters need a full camp to manage their weight. Nevertheless, they'll end up signing at least half of those competitors to inject some new life into the division.

Problem with UFC is that they dont promote good fighters, or they promote only fighters that are already well known. Connor was a star even before he came to UFC. Evrybody was waiting for his debut. Ronda also was big star before she came to UFC in Strikeforce. Sad that real talent is kept in the shadows by the company when big mouth pricks and pussies are promoted on regular basis.

<mma1>

Fighters like Robbie, Demetrious, Dillishaw, Jorge Masvidal and many others... How UFC is not promoting their champions well? This is so dumb. I would love to see billboards with something like that :

059_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Rory_MacDonald.0.0.jpg

And it should flips into other billboard ( you know billboards that can switch commercials? )

071215-UFC-Lawler-v-MacDonald-PI-FK.vresize.1200.675.high.47.jpg

And something like : Toughest Sport, come and see...

Robbie Lawler vs Tyron Woodley UFC 201.

I would just ride my car and when i would saw it : Damn, this is some crazy shit in that cage.

Last edited:
I've never been a great fan of 125 but after seeing Louis Smolka's last fight I can't wait to see him return. The guy's a beast on the ground

MM needs to move up and let FLW rebuild for a year or 2. A FLW TUF will help with depth too. But it's like when Anderson ruled he moved up 3 times which allowed MWs to develop a bit. MM could fight and beat a lot of 135lbers and go back when a fight makes money sense.

I think that would be for the best but its a big risk for DJ. You dont just lose to cruz,you hit air all night.

I think that would be for the best but its a big risk for DJ. You dont just lose to cruz,you hit air all night.

Yeah maybe not fight Cruz. Fight a few top 10s just.

Yeah he looked great

He did look good , but I don't think he touches DJ.

It is unfortunate because DJ wants to hold that title defense record, but might not be able to if they can't find more guys for him.

He did look good , but I don't think he touches DJ.

It is unfortunate because DJ wants to hold that title defense record, but might not be able to if they can't find more guys for him.
I agree, dj is on another level. The whole tuf thing is a good idea to bring more talent in, but having the tuf winner fight dj for the belt is ridiculous. He's so far ahead

Back