Angry & Depressed Mark Hunt: I probably won't fight in UFC again!

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Mark Hunt, angry and depressed at what he feels is a company which condones the use of performance-enhancing drugs, says he probably won't fight in the UFC again.

Hunt, speaking exclusively to the Herald in Auckland today, is taking a stand following Brock Lesnar's two failed drugs tests which came to light after Lesnar's points victory over Kiwi Hunt in UFC 200 this month.

It is the third time Hunt has fought an opponent who has subsequently tested positive for drugs. Lesnar, a WWE wrestling star, appears set to escape the violation without a fine or the loss of any of his reported $3.5million from the fight.

That is unacceptable to Hunt, a 42-year-old who is contracted to the UFC for five more fights but doubts he will see them. Instead, Hunt, who believes he has four or five fighting years left, is looking to start a union to protect fighters' interests, but more particularly their health. He said it was possible for a fighter such as him to die in the octagon should the use of performance-enhancing drugs continue to go unchecked.

"It's an unsafe working environment," Hunt said. "They're doing nothing about cheating or performance-enhancing [drugs]. They're helping it, they're condoning drugs, is what I think. I think there should be some criminal [charges]. Every other sport has it sorted out. Every other sport frowns on cheats and drugs.

"It's a pattern here, and probably the next time - if I did fight - I could die," he said. "I have nothing against fighting, obviously, I love what I do. If it's an even playing field then it makes it fair... the guy was caught doping and he gets my [heavyweight ranking] position of No 8 and he gets all the money, it's ridiculous."

Hunt had lobbied for Lesnar's bonus to be stripped and given to him, but said today he wasn't worried about boosting his own bank balance, more about upping the sanctions for those who transgressed.

"I don't give a rats' about money, it's not like any of us are going to take it with us.

"The reason why I said to take his money is because guys are cheating to make money.
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11683923

These drunken tirades are getting annoying. Hunt isn't even worth what he's getting anyway.

So they can't find him a clean guy to fight in 2 years? And they won't fine any of their famous roiders?

The UFC is ridiculous

How long until he gets a clean fight? 5 years? 10 years?

The reaction is underwhelming considering how absurd the situation is

Hunt is justifiably butthurt.

The UFC has been licking Brock's asshole clean ever since he got here. Then he comes in, gives a grand total of zero fucks about drug tests, and is probably gonna get off easy. He doesn't care about the 2 year suspension. He made a mockery of the UFC and some of you shills are valiantly trying to white knight for him.

Also, obligatory in every Hunt/Brock thread from now until the end of time since Lesnar fans like to conveniently forget that Hunt was humble until Bork failed two drug tests:

How can this be taken seriously? He KNEW Brock was on steroids. He took the fight on a one month notice while still in the WWE where steroids are practically mandatory. This was nothing more than a freak show fight to make easy money. If he didn't want to fight a roided fighter he should have declined the fight.

Mark, go and watch Lesner vs Cain on repeat for the next week or so, you will feel a lot better

How can this be taken seriously? He KNEW Brock was on steroids. He took the fight on a one month notice while still in the WWE where steroids are practically mandatory. This was nothing more than a freak show fight to make easy money. If he didn't want to fight a roided fighter he should have declined the fight.
This

Anyone who thinks hunt doesn't have a right to complain needs to rewatch the first Bigfoot fight. The guy is all heart and would happily put it all on the line as long as its a fair fight, when you take that kind of punishment and need longer to recover than your opponent is suspended for its gotta be frustrating.

Then the UFC throws him in there again with a guy who despite given a four month exemption still tests positive. Understandably he would be angry, but to not even acknowledge the fact he has a legitimate grievance by making a simple phone call is pathetic.

A guy in Hunts situation should never get to the point where he is doing interviews like this, UFC I am disappoint.

Bullshit. He made claims that he hoped were not true. Turns out they were.
Just how did he know. Did he sell them to him. guess he must have.

He just wants more money, in spite of what he says.

The UFC should release him so he can fight in Bellator or Rizin where they're serious about stopping PED cheating :rolleyes:

And a fighter's union would tell the UFC (and Hunt) to fuck right off if they tried to touch a fighter's contracted wages.

Last edited:
I can't wait until Bork returns and beats some more F-level athletes out of this division.
Make heavyweight great again.

How would he 'know'? Is he a human testlab.

Anyone who thinks hunt doesn't have a right to complain needs to rewatch the first Bigfoot fight. The guy is all heart and would happily put it all on the line as long as its a fair fight, when you take that kind of punishment and need longer to recover than your opponent is suspended for its gotta be frustrating.

Then the UFC throws him in there again with a guy who despite given a four month exemption still tests positive. Understandably he would be angry, but to not even acknowledge the fact he has a legitimate grievance by making a simple phone call is pathetic.

A guy in Hunts situation should never get to the point where he is doing interviews like this, UFC I am disappoint.
Yeah, the BF fight. He took so much damage, including a broken hip. He couldn't fight for almost a year if recall correctly. This cost him money directly!

From the Facebook post he gave Brock the benefit of the doubt and flipped shit when he found out his intuitions were correct.

Hard to blame him.

Mark is starting to sound like that friend who parted ways with his girl and just won't shut the fuck up about it.

Dude, enough. We fucking get it already.

Strange how the UFC are reacting to this. Has been two weeks, and they still haven't had a pressconference, still haven't said anything about it, and it almost looks like they are hiding Dana.. Not very professional... Ant not a way to make the sport bigger and more mainstream..

Sure, I can understand them wanting to get rid of Hunt after the union talks, who wouldn't, but an easier way, and the best way to do it would be to take all of Brocks ppv money, give hunt a million or so, keep the rest for themselves, and free Hunt from his contract. Would also look much better for the media.

giphy.gif

Mark Hunt, angry and depressed at what he feels is a company which condones the use of performance-enhancing drugs, says he probably won't fight in the UFC again.

Hunt, speaking exclusively to the Herald in Auckland today, is taking a stand following Brock Lesnar's two failed drugs tests which came to light after Lesnar's points victory over Kiwi Hunt in UFC 200 this month.

It is the third time Hunt has fought an opponent who has subsequently tested positive for drugs. Lesnar, a WWE wrestling star, appears set to escape the violation without a fine or the loss of any of his reported $3.5million from the fight.

That is unacceptable to Hunt, a 42-year-old who is contracted to the UFC for five more fights but doubts he will see them. Instead, Hunt, who believes he has four or five fighting years left, is looking to start a union to protect fighters' interests, but more particularly their health. He said it was possible for a fighter such as him to die in the octagon should the use of performance-enhancing drugs continue to go unchecked.

"It's an unsafe working environment," Hunt said. "They're doing nothing about cheating or performance-enhancing [drugs]. They're helping it, they're condoning drugs, is what I think. I think there should be some criminal [charges]. Every other sport has it sorted out. Every other sport frowns on cheats and drugs.

"It's a pattern here, and probably the next time - if I did fight - I could die," he said. "I have nothing against fighting, obviously, I love what I do. If it's an even playing field then it makes it fair... the guy was caught doping and he gets my [heavyweight ranking] position of No 8 and he gets all the money, it's ridiculous."

Hunt had lobbied for Lesnar's bonus to be stripped and given to him, but said today he wasn't worried about boosting his own bank balance, more about upping the sanctions for those who transgressed.

"I don't give a rats' about money, it's not like any of us are going to take it with us.

"The reason why I said to take his money is because guys are cheating to make money.
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11683923

Love how people talk about OTHERS' interests when their interests are on the line. COINCIDENCE?

This guy, cry some more, jeez, he was talking all the shit in the world about Brock juicing, gets beat up on the ground by a guy who came off like half a decade lay off, and he just won't leave it alone, hey?

You'd think he was some martyr who almost got crucified and then skinned alive but somehow by god's miracle made it out alive.

Back