Why did Anthony Pettis move to featherweight?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Is it because he wants to fighter smaller opponents and make it easier for himself? I mean he's only really lost to top ranked fighters in the lightweight, so why make the move?

And how much weight would he be cutting now?

It's just that whole quintessential; "At the moment I'm doing poorly at this weight class, lets try the weight class below" scenario. I don't think he really needed to do that just yet, I mean he's last few losses were to some pretty elite fighters. But he's also not a very big light weight, so I think FW wouldn't be that hard for him to make.

He was gonna move down a long time ago to fight Aldo and honestly he's one of the smaller LWs.

I mean look how much bigger Eddie is than him

maxresdefault.jpg

That's before Eddie filled out a ton as well. Barboza also looked a lot bigger than him.

Him vs Charles O should be a good fight. Don't think its do or die for Anthony yet but 4 in a row isn't a good look.

On a somewhat related note, I hope Dan Hardy gets cleared to fight again soon.

He was gonna move down a long time ago to fight Aldo and honestly he's one of the smaller LWs.

the aldo fight was going to be at 155.

but i agree, he isn't a big LW and there's no point in fighting there if he can make 145 without trouble.

he can make it to 145 easily
i hope he does because no one there is interesting but Aldo

Can Charles make 145? that is the question

Pettis was doing good in LW he sure lost to RDA, but he has a close fight with Eddie

I feel like the strength advantage of wrestlers at 155 may have swayed him. If he finds his old self, I can't see any reason he won't be really successful at 145. Pettis vs Holloway would be an unbelievable fight

he wants to fight smaller fighters because he is a smaller fighter.

I would assume he wants to continue to be the star on the Wheatiez box that he once waz & he waz probably starting to see hiz sponsorz losing interest. He needed to start getting some winz double quick!

th

Last edited:
On a somewhat related note, I hope Dan Hardy gets cleared to fight again soon.

It doesn't sound like he'll be coming back from listening to the last couple of interviews he done talking about it.

the aldo fight was going to be at 155.

but i agree, he isn't a big LW and there's no point in fighting there if he can make 145 without trouble.

You are misremembering my friend. Pettis hadn't become the LW champion yet and was moving down to challenge Aldo for the belt.

It's a joke how much Pettis and Oliveira will be cutting between them. How much better would they perform if they didn't have to cut all that weight? I bet they don't both make weight.

You are misremembering my friend. Pettis hadn't become the LW champion yet and was moving down to challenge Aldo for the belt.

Correctamundo. I thought it was at 155 as well.

Is it because he wants to fighter smaller opponents and make it easier for himself? I mean he's only really lost to top ranked fighters in the lightweight, so why make the move?

And how much weight would he be cutting now?
He wants to fight midgets hahaha

serious though Pettis v Stephens would be wild

Back