How Mac can win against the Stockton kid...

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Premise:

Holly Holm is Nate
Conor is Valentina...

What I would add is Edson style kicks to Nate's lead leg with a whipping action. He hates that but tries not to show it. Do what boxers hate.

Conclusion is inevitable.

signing off yours truly,

lil sensei

Nate can't check leg kicks for shit. Pretty sure Conor only threw like 12 leg kicks out of 140+ strike attempts in the first fight. He can't box with Nate, he has to kickbox with Nate.

Lucky, clean shot bro, that's all it takes in a fight

McGregor doesn't have the cardio or the toughness for that game plan

you should let Conor know about this gameplan

He coul send a moderately priced whore with a bag of weed to his hotel room the night prior to the fight.

Donald Cerrone blasted Nate with leg kicks all night but still got whooped.

Conor's best chance to win against Nate Diaz is to fight how Carlos Condit fought Nick Diaz at UFC 143.

Might not be pretty but if Conor does that he will win by UD.

If Conor decides to fight Nate Diaz with just punches only then he will lose again.

Conor isn't adding Edson style kicks to shit because Edson is the only fighter in the UFC that can kick like him. He doesn't have the cardio or boxing to last 25 minutes with Nate. Maybe he can hurt him, but he didn't last time and got taken out.

Conor's best chance to win against Nate Diaz is to fight how Carlos Condit fought Nick Diaz at UFC 143.

Might not be pretty but if Conor does that he will win by UD.

If Conor decides to fight Nate Diaz with just punches only then he will lose again.
Conor couldn't walk forward for 7 minutes without gassing. How's he gonna run for 25?

Premise:

Holly Holm is Nate
Conor is Valentina...

What I would add is Edson style kicks to Nate's lead leg with a whipping action. He hates that but tries not to show it. Do what boxers hate.

signing off yours truly,

lil sensei
You don't just get Edson type leg kicks over night. If Conor employs a leg kick heavy attack on Nate he will open himself up to Nate's kicking because Conor is Barbosa and he's not RDA. Conor literally has one way to win and that way didn't work for him in the first contest. The truth is this is absolutely nothing like Holm v Schevchenko, you couldn't have picked a worse comparison. I see you getting creative to figure a way for Conor to win this one, well you need to because Conor beating Nate is pure fantasy.

Conor couldn't walk forward for 7 minutes without gassing. How's he gonna run for 25?

Conor will have to show that he has been training to go all 5 rounds.

Otherwise what has he been doing all this time?

If he wants the win against Nate then he better put in the work instead of touchbutt.

The truth is this is absolutely nothing like Holm v Schevchenko, you couldn't have picked a worse comparison. I see you getting creative to figure a way for Conor to win this one, well you need to because Conor beating Nate is pure fantasy.

Ask yourself why I chose that comparison. If you don't see it, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Conor won´t be able to pull a "Condit - Diaz" strategy against Nate.... Why not??? First of all, Condit and Nick had similar reach advantage, so Condit was able to stay on the outside working volume with kicks and do his "hit and run" thing..... that won´t work with Conor because Diaz has the reach advantage, so in order to work "volume and evade" , Conor would have to get inside the range every time and he´d be exposed to Nate´s boxing every time, and Nate´s not just gonna wait around for Conor to get inside range, do his volume punching and get out of range without doing anything, trust me.... another thing is, to be able to work volume and evading for 5 rounds, requires a great gas tank, like Frankie Edgar for example, and Gregor doesn´t have it..... Mc Gregor also doesn´t have that chopping leg kicking ability like RDA, BARBOSA or ALDO, which would work well against Nate (although you can´t only rely on those kicks against Diaz)... so, IMO Conor has to get inside range looking for big shots aiming at Nate´s chin or temple looking for the KO rather than working with volume, and he has to do that as quickly as he can while he still has gas and power, because the longer the fight goes, the better for Nate who has great Cardio and his combos don´t rely on power, but volume and Nate is gonna keep throwing that 1-2 forever that he does very well until he finds Conor´s Chin.

Wouldn't make a difference, Nate wins 10/10 times.

The keys to victory for Mac are hand speed and his deadly roundhouse kick. If Mac overwhelms the kid from Stockton with his hand speed and connects with a sweet roundhouse, it's all over.

tumblr_np0jnahiE11tybn48o1_r5_400.gif

sunny6.gif

sbrgj7.gif

Wl2xWBH.jpg

This is a winnable fight for Conor. He's the faster fighter, he's more versatile on his feet.

He can't keep going for the KO punch, he should focus on volume and movement. He can't win going punch for punch. He doesn't have the leg kicks of Edson.

But he'll get the decision this time around. And then drop the FW belt and fight someone he has no business fighting because Nate isn't really a top 5 LW and the UFC will still protect Conor from guys like Khabib as long as it can.

Premise:

Holly Holm is Nate
Conor is Valentina...

signing off yours truly,

lil sensei

I actually was the first one to create a thread making this analogy.
I think it's possible for this to happen, though Conor's forward pressure as the smaller man will give him some problems in the long run.

You dont just add kicks Barbozas. You have to work hard for years on it, and be blessed enough to have the kind of freak athleticism that Barboza has.

In short Conor cant do what Barboza does.

Also Conor himself is a boxer...

Back