In real sports, PED users are delegitimized. MMA should follow suit.

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
In baseball, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, and Alex Rodriguez among others are treated with disdain despite their numbers and achievements. They will never enter the Baseball Hall of Fame. Fans see them in a diminished light. Their careers will permanently have an asterisk.

Lance Armstrong is known first and foremost as a PED cheat. His Tour de France victories are irrelevant.

Yet in MMA, fans debate whether a PED cheat like Jon Jones is the GOAT. They cry when Chad Mendes is suspended for two years.

Five to six years ago, they cheered on a known PED cheat in Chael Sonnen when he challenged Anderson Silva (who at the time was seen as a clean fighter). They argued how Chael was a better fighter and treated his PED use as inconsequential.

Totally ass backwards.

in real sports, there aren't known PED users because they haven't decent drug testing because they know it's detrimental to a sport

They still hold records and today's athletes are compared to those numbers.

Idk, most ppl that thought Anderson was GOAT no longer do because of him testing positive

In baseball, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, and Alex Rodriguez among others are treated with disdain despite their numbers and achievements. They will never enter the Baseball Hall of Fame. Fans see them in a diminished light. Their careers will permanently have an asterisk.

Lance Armstrong is known first and foremost as a PED cheat. His Tour de France victories are irrelevant.

Yet in MMA, fans debate whether a PED cheat like Jon Jones is the GOAT. They cry when Chad Mendes is suspended for two years.

Five to six years ago, they cheered on a known PED cheat in Chael Sonnen when he challenged Anderson Silva (who at the time was seen as a clean fighter). They argued how Chael was a better fighter and treated his PED use as inconsequential.

Totally ass backwards.
Ever heard of football?

You just can't delegitimize the whole roster.

The fans in those other sports are either naive or hypocritical since all athletes are on PEDs whether they have gotten caught or not.

The fans in those other sports are either naive or hypocritical since all athletes are on PEDs whether they have gotten caught or not.
and they don't get caught cause the testing a joke (thank god). OP probably thinks NFL and NBA guys are clean

I agree. it's ridiculous. Can't have it both ways.

I think Jones, Mendes, Machida, and Anderson should have their records put back to 0-0. Actually Jones should keep his DQ loss for the LEL's

Brock should keep his record though because that was awesome.

The NFL completely shits on the concept of this thread.

mma fans are the worst in the world and are mostly scummy drunken just bleed types so I guess its not such a surprise they dont give a shit about cheating either. I mean lets be honest it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy near no holds barred violence and most of the time they are scumbags and scumbags dont give a fuck about things like honor or integrity and fairness, they just want to see the biggest hits and most blood and injuries and if peds give them that then theyre all for it. I think its disgusting and this attitude is even held by the reporters of this sport still calling jon jones and anderson silva the greatest of all time. No other sport would do that.

I cant speak for everyone else but I will never consider PED users GOATs. If you are not caught then I will not hold it against you however if someone is great while testing isn't strict and then returns during USADA times and is clean but suddenly a lot worse and less impressive similar to Ubereem-Overeem (I know he was caught but say if he wasnt) then I would also exclude them as their prime leaves too many questions.

Totally ass backwards.
This.

Peyton Manning took HGH and nobody fucking cares.
Head Growth Hormone

4256.png

It's no big deal in football when they get popped. It's a way bigger deal in MMA. I do think the guys and girls that piss hot get the scarlet letter in MMA. Just read around here. Daily any thread discussing Cyborg for example plenty of people discredit her immediately over a failed test 5 years ago.

Barnett, Jones, Mendes, Lombard, Silva, Chael and on and on

Shit even guys SUSPECTED are diminished....GSP immediately comes to mind.

People are so silly about PED'S.

Take Lance Armstrong for example. They stripped him of his tour de France wins, but did you know that if they were going to actually replace his name with a winner who didn't test positive that it would be the guy who got 18th place? Lol. That means the top 17 guys all got caught, and #18 probably just hid it well.

Mma is no different. All of you bashing fighters who have pissed dirty, guess what....your favorite fighter used them as well at some point!

Your favorite nfl, NBA of MLB player.....has taken ped's before.

If you think otherwise you are very naive.

It's fine if you want to clean up the sport. But discrediting someone because they got caught and praising someone who didn't is essentially just praising the cheater who was better at cheating.

Back