can carwin still compete with the top guys?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
of course he can. he probably beats Stipe and Cain along with Overeem and probably Werdum.

Carwin is a PED using gear head who doesn't deserve to fight again, he's a terrible fighter who got far due to his weight and power - both a result of him injecting his ass with roids.

If he does fight again, put him against there with Junior again when he looked like a chubby goof off roids.

well bork fucking lesnar just completely dominated a top 10 fighter after like 6 years
hw is the weakest division so shane carwin has a good a chance as anyone

Post USADA Carwin.... who knows. I'm inclined to think he'll be slow and easy to hit, but he could still knock the shit out of a few guys.

40+ and in the USADA era? Hell no, dude is probably gonna be even slower and gas quicker.

Power is the last thing to go and Carwin was never fast and didn't have a long career taking a bunch of damage, maybe. I don't think he would be a staple of the top 15 or anything though.

If Arkovski, Nelson and Rothwell are near top 10, Carwin can definitely be a top 10 fighter. Lesnar showed than Rogan is full of crap about the improvement of fighters in that division.

Carwin makes a good guarantee exciting fight on cards, if you give him the right opponents.

He doesnt need top 5 fights.

Just give him guys that will trade with him.

for a relatively short guy (despite being 6'5") Carwin needs quick feet to go in and out like Tyson. He's too slow for that. His fight with JDS showed that. His hands and TD's are pretty slow too. He's too muscle bound for his frame.

Give him Hunt!!! Carwin may win the first round against top guys but when he gasses it over for him.

I think he would really be lost in post usada MMA. If clean, I doubt he gets past guys like Rothwell and Travis Browne.

Back