Anyone notice it's ok for some fighters to lose but not all of them?

illegalnature

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Im on the king kobras like white trash so bear with me.

I think it's dumb some fighters are "allowed" to lose and some aren't.

Stipe gets ko'd by Struve? NP hes HW champ and ranked number 1. Long future ahead of him.

My boy Reem gets ko'd all the time, nobody cares, he's about to win the HW belt and be considered toughest man in the UFC etc. etc.

But holy shit god forbid Fedor or Silva or Conor loses(I'm 1 of the biggest Conor haters around. I think he had 0 skills 0 talent and want him to dissappear)

Some fighters get a pass after losses, some are considered garbage and "exposed" and they suck because they lost once....people shit all over Andy and Fedor and Conor and a few others after 1 loss and i think its fucking ludicrous.

Why is this?

King kobras 1 illegalnature 0

Exhibit A:
diazko.gif

Exhibit B:
JubilantVacantCusimanse.gif

GOATs get criticized more.

Nothing crazy going on here.

You think a guy who's champion that beat Aldo and Mendes and also made Holloway, Poirier and Brandao look like helpless chumps has 0 skill?

You sir are a fool.

GOATs get criticized more.

Nothing crazy going on here.
So basically we're holding certain fighters to a higher standard for no reason?

That's why Condit can lose as much as he wants and its no biggie hes still one of the greatest ever hes so fucking dope man.....but sage(who i hate cause hes a hype train) loses 1time and he sucks and should retire?

On the real... that paradox a big part of what sellz a fight.

When people care that much, it meanz people will tune in to see them win or lose... whichever side they're on.

You think a guy who's champion that beat Aldo and Mendes and also made Holloway, Poirier and Brandao look like helpless chumps has 0 skill?

You sir are a fool.
He sure didnt look skilled vs Nate!

I can name a lot of folks who kicked Nates ass.

Stick to the topic, you think its ok for RDA and JOSH to beat Nate up and nobody Hates on Nate, but soon as Nate beats Conor people are ready to burn Conor at the stake?

Conor set himself up for this. You don't see that?

He sure didnt look skilled vs Nate!

I can name a lot of folks who kicked Nates ass.

Stick to the topic, you think its ok for RDA and JOSH to beat Nate up and nobody Hates on Nate, but soon as Nate beats Conor people are ready to burn Conor at the stake?
Those guys are humble. Conor isn't. TS that's why

When you talk trash you make money...as everyone waits for you to lose.

LOL...Conor has 0 skill.

Lots of haters....thats why.

i don't know maybe because you are comparing recent losses against not recent losses at all. After overeem was koed for a second time, everybody was like "he should retire". And of course there is something to do with the expectation we have (or not) for certain fighters

Aldo loses. He's still better than McGregor.

McGregor loses. Exposed.

Back