Do you agree with both Gus/Jones and Lawler/Condit decisions ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both razor close fights. In those two fights i think the champion got it because of one moment in the fight : the elbow of jones and the flurry of Lawler in the last round.

Do you think the champs have not been beaten decisively ? Or do you think it was enough for the challengers to get the belt ?

Personnally, i think the decisions were right. You go sherdog

Last edited:
I agree with both decisions as well. Lawler wanted it more and his shots had more pop and he was moving forward.

I agree with both decisions. Both champs wanted it more.

Condit won that fight. I really wanted Gus to win, but Jone's literally scraped by the leanest of margins.

jon-jones-lands-spinning-elbow-gif-8.gif

When it all changed..

Both razor close fights. In those two fights i think the champion got it because of one moment in the fight : the elbow of jones and the flurry of Lawler in the last round.

Do you think the champs have not been beaten decisively ? Or do you think it was enough for the challengers to get the belt ?

Personnally, i think the decisions were right. You go sherdog
Jones/Gus was clear. Jones showed his heart and skills and won it in the end.

Lawler/Condit -- Not so clear. But I honestly don't mind because I felt like Condit was in Super-Point Fight Mode in that fight. He was literally playing tag for alot of that fight. And at least I got the sense that Lawler was in control the whole time, but I can totally see how people score it for Condit. (Just rewatched yesterday)

Havent watched either in a while but Im pretty sure I had Gus and Lawler winning. Sorry, Jones didnt take the 4th just because of the elbow of which he didnt capitalize on. Gus boxed the shit out of him for 4+ minutes of that round and Jones still couldnt take him down even when stunned from the elbow. Not enough to take the round imo. Jones received the champion preferential treatment that fight.

Jones and Gus was really close but I guess Jones won. Condit and Lawler was a fucking egregious robbery.

I agree with the Lawler Condit decision.
I don't agree with the Jones Gus decision. I think Gus squeaked that one out 3-2.

Condit and Gus won.

Gus rounds 1,2,3 and arguably 4. Although I scored round 4 for Jones, I find it weird that when Gus almost knocked Cormier out and had him even more hurt than he was in the round 4 against Jones, the judges gave the round to Cormier.

Kinda crazy that if one more of the judges gave round 3 (when the knockdown happened) to Gus, he would have been champion now.

To me, I don't care about points. I think a decision should be based on what kind of shape the fighters were in at the end of the fight. Gus was a zombie. Condit was arguably saved by the bell. So I think both decisions worked out for the best.

I thought Jones won.

Condit and Hendricks should have won per the rules but I like Robbie's style of letting the opponents get comortable then goes full on brawl mode. So I am not complaining.

To me, I don't care about points. I think a decision should be based on what kind of shape the fighters were in at the end of the fight. Gus was a zombie. Condit was arguably saved by the bell. So I think both decisions worked out for the best.

If Gus was a zombie, how would you describe Jones when he couldn't even walk out of the octagon by himself, had to go to the hospital (where he couldn't even wipe himself after taking a dump, his coach had to do it for him) and took months for him to recover?

Back