Jones Stripped of Title

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a long time reader and applied for my "membership" a few years back but was just approved today. There are a lot of posts I wanted to reply to but had my hands tied. This is probably at the top of my list of questions to ask all Sherdoggers on here: Over the last year I have read articles about the UFC stripping Jon Jones of his title because of his accident and I have read many posts claiming that he was still the "true champion" because Cormier never beat him and that he only lost his belt to the pregnant lady.... But, why doesn't anyone correctly state that he was stripped of his belt because he REFUSED to fight Rumble Johnson? For him, the accident may have had something to do with it, but for the UFC and for Rumble, he merely backed out. I think Rumble would have beaten him pretty easily because it is a bad style match-up for him but forget about the "what if's," we should call it for what it was... a refusal to fight a very dangerous opponent.

I'm a long time reader and applied for my "membership" a few years back but was just approved today.
57747294.jpg

I think Rumble would have beaten him pretty easily because it is a bad style match-up for him but forget about the "what if's," we should call it for what it was... a refusal to fight a very dangerous opponent.
What? Why?

I'm a long time reader and applied for my "membership" a few years back but was just approved today. There are a lot of posts I wanted to reply to but had my hands tied.

<41>

I'm a long time reader and applied for my "membership" a few years back but was just approved today. There are a lot of posts I wanted to reply to but had my hands tied. This is probably at the top of my list of questions to ask all Sherdoggers on here: Over the last year I have read articles about the UFC stripping Jon Jones of his title because of his accident and I have read many posts claiming that he was still the "true champion" because Cormier never beat him and that he only lost his belt to the pregnant lady.... But, why doesn't anyone correctly state that he was stripped of his belt because he REFUSED to fight Rumble Johnson? For him, the accident may have had something to do with it, but for the UFC and for Rumble, he merely backed out. I think Rumble would have beaten him pretty easily because it is a bad style match-up for him but forget about the "what if's," we should call it for what it was... a refusal to fight a very dangerous opponent.
I gave you your first like to welcome you to sherdog, then i actually read your post and took it back

Waited years to perfectly compose the worst thread ever.

Back