Brown vs Ellenberger is a sad fight

Ether13

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I bet this is going to be an exciting fight, but it's going to be a bummer to see one of these vets get brutalized and probably cut (Jake yes, Matt not quite yet).
Am I the only one feeling bittersweet about this one?

I think it's a bit of a mismatch to be honest, Matt is nowhere near the same boat as Jake.

This is Jake Ellenberger's last stand. I think he has more to lose than Brown here.

I say Matt brown wins with more heart and finishing skills.

There was a time where Brown was 12 and 11 and he didn't get cut. I think he'll be alright if he loses again. It's against great competition.

Brown finishes IMO
The Burger may eventually go to WSOF or Bellator to keep making checks tho
Both men are game and warriors tho

Any fight that Ellenberger is in could potentially be a sad fight. He's unfortunately teetering on the edge of (un)employment.

I bet this is going to be an exciting fight, but it's going to be a bummer to see one of these vets get brutalized and probably cut (Jake yes, Matt not quite yet).
Am I the only one feeling bittersweet about this one?

the day i feel "bittersweet" about a fight is the day i hand in my man card.

I think Matt Brown is relatively safe , he's exciting and still has relevance , Ellenberger is pretty much fucked if he loses.

I really don't care for the guy, but he needs a fight where he can genuinely rebound, get his confidence back, and slowly build his skill-set back up at KingsMMA. Joe Silva puts him up against the worst stylistic matchup for him possible at this point, and more than likely, its just gonna cause more psychological damage to him.

Ellenberger managed to wobble Lawler, briefly stun Gastelum and drop Wonderboy. He has also been back at Kings since late last year. It wasn't enough to beat Saffiedine in January but he's had another 6-7 months back there to undo Edmond's nonsense since then. Brown is no defensive genius, he could very easily go down in this fight. Ellenberger breaks under intelligent pressure. Brown is vicious but he's also probably more hittable than anyone who has beaten Ellenberger since Kampmann.

Nobody gets cut just yet. I think jake wins this one. Matt needs to lose like his next 2 fights maybe to get cut. But its close for both. Im sure they are on the higher pay scale so to keep fighting in the ufc they need to get back to winning

I hope Jake goes full beast mode and KO's Brown. I like them both. It's sad to see how bad Jake has been doing as of late.

Ellenberger is sad to watch. Brown? Hell no. I've expected him to lose all of his losses. He's lost to Lawler, Hendricks, and Maia. This is a mismatch. Surprised they aren't giving Jake an easier fight. I expect this to be his last fight in the UFC.

Ellenberger is undeserving at this point if he can't pull off a W. He has had plenty of chances in matchups with good contenders. How many losses before we start to say his promising start was a stroke of good luck as opposed to his last several lackluster performances being a result of bad. Matt Brown has been (thankfully) knocked out of title contention, but he is one hell of a gatekeeper IMO. He has a place in the UFC regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back