UFC and Soccer... UFC has replaced boxing and it's here to stay

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
oh how they laughed at Dana for comparing the sport to soccer all those years ago... me too tbh but not so funny anymore aye? what a time to be alive

rolling stone said:
UFC Sold for Jaw-Dropping $4 Billion
Mixed martial arts, once labeled "human cockfighting," has gained popularity and mainstream acceptance over the years
cbs sports said:
The $4 billion sum to be paid for UFC is is expected to be the largest in sports history. It marks a nearly 2,000 percent return for Zuffa, which bought UFC for $2 million in 2001.

4 billion dollars is anywhere from 10-20 Floyd Mayweathers and 8 Mayweather/Pacquaios

ronda.jpg

Conor.jpg

https://www.google.com/trends/explo...wp, /m/07rsdm, /m/03hn9s8&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+4 boxingvsufc.PNG

<14><14><17><17><14><17><14><14>

Conor couldn't make it in in the amateur boxing circuit in Ireland, so he went to MMA.

Let that settle in, buddeh.

Boxing > MMA in skill

Lesnar trained for 2 years in MMA and became UFC champ. LoL, that would NEVER happen in boxing.

If Colin Cowherd said it then its guaranteed to be wrong

Conor couldn't make it in in the amateur boxing circuit in Ireland, so he went to MMA.

Boxing > MMA in skill
This is so fucking retarded I had to sign in and post. They are two different fucking sports.

MJ failed at baseball so he went to the NBA. Let that sink in.

Still not even close to football (yes, football) and will probably never be.

UFC isn't even 1/10th as big as soccer.

Boxing > MMA in skill

Lesnar trained for 2 years in MMA and became UFC champ. LoL, that would NEVER happen in boxing.

live in the now and look to the future buddeh

But at one point, Wilmore asked Tyson what advice he'd give to an aspiring young boxer.

"Go to MMA," Tyson quickly answered.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...to-aspiring-boxers---go-to-mma-213833350.html

This is so fucking retarded I had to sign in and post. They are two different fucking sports.

MJ failed at baseball so he went to the NBA. Let that sink in.

Baseball and NBA are totally different sports. Conor started out as a boxer and is primarily a puncher in the UFC. He couldn't make it in boxing so he switched to MMA.

I hope you realize Conor would be making even more money in boxing if he was actually good at it.

inb4hugefightoversoccervsfootball

live in the now and look to the future buddeh

But at one point, Wilmore asked Tyson what advice he'd give to an aspiring young boxer.

"Go to MMA," Tyson quickly answered.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...to-aspiring-boxers---go-to-mma-213833350.html
Because it's easier and MMA fighters suffer from less brain trauma.

PS: Boxing and footwork is the best stand up variant possible. Boxing will never die, it will always be trained. MMA fighters train boxing all the time.

Well it sure seems MMA is going up and boxing is going down.

I'm not sure if this is a troll thread or not (dammit it's hard to tell sometimes!) but for reference; in the recent European championships Iceland played and beat England in the second round. 99.8% of the entire tv audience of Iceland watched the game that night. Only 298 people were not watching! How many do u think watched ufc 200? I mean, I don't know the answer but if I had to guess I'd say it's probably not far off 298 ironically

Last edited:
I'd love to see the stats and trends for Baseball & Boxing vs. Soccer & MMA for people under 25yo (or even non latinos under 30-35yo).

I was just reading this yesterday:
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/12/baseballs-advertising-worries-linger.html

It might take time (these things take time), but I agree with the guy:
I too think Soccer and MMA will "swallow" Baseball and Boxing ( I'd guess before 2035)

I still laugh at Dana for saying that stupid shit bruh.

Still nothing compared to soccer, although it has replaced boxing. Boxings PPV market is completely dead.

I think he
UFC isn't even 1/10th as big as soccer.

I think he means the growth of soccer in the USA, USA is like the only country that didn´t have soccer (it´s not even soccer it´s football.)

Soccer is a world wide mainstream sport, and the main sport in most countries, the UFC is barely mainstream in it´s main country USA.

So it´s more like Soccer is a 100.000 times bigger than the UFC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back