Did Fabio Maldonado ever try to box in UFC?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Fabio ever fought like he did against Fedor. Fabio I thought was a guy who liked to brawl, not the guy who showed up against Fedor who would cover up mostly and then use jab and combinations from time to time.

What I meant to say that, Fabio seemed like a guy who loves trading punches. I mean, that seemed like that was the only thing he knows how to. But then, against Fedor, he didn't and used jab very well

Fedor uses looping punches....best game plan to use if your going to stand with him..is to box..using the jab....hands up...and good combos.

plenty of tape of Fedor.....and he pretty much gave up on his ground game..for some reason

he was throwing tons of body shots iirc

didn't he box up Kingsbu pretty good?

He got soundly outboxed by Rampage Jackson just last year, LOL.

He got soundly outboxed by Rampage Jackson just last year, LOL.

Did he try to box like he did against Fedor? Or did he try to exchange punches and throw combinations frequently

Fabio is just really really bad in a way that if you gameplan for him he is easy to beat, but against guys who are bad strikers or fold under pressure he looks good and overwhelms them
He used to be more aggresive but lately in his fights vs Rampage and Fedor he was a lot more cautious and was counter punching in a very inneficient way which aside from almost koing Fedor made him look terrible on both those fights.

Same exact Maldonado, just not facing Ufc level competiton. Look at Phil Davis he's a damn knockout artist in Bellator. He did have an extra 10-20 pounds of fat on him though.

He did rock Teixeira for a moment.

Back