Nates fight with Thomson

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This fight was in Josh's hometown against a fellow Californian looking to clown him in front of his people. He did not want to lose this fight. On a scale of 1-10 how much would you say he didn't want to lose this fight? Judging by the pic I'd say about a 9.5, he's clearly giving it his all.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 61
That pic makes it look like Nate is Neo and completely owning him.

Thompson could've easily been UFC champion if he got the decision against Bendo.

It was an amazing performance. It's too bad Nate was injured though, and basically just showed up for a cheque.

1. he wanted to lose the fight.

thats what u tryna get at roight?

That was the best Josh has ever looked.

He was on fire that night. When he was on point, he could beat anyone in the division.

He was on fire that night. When he was on point, he could beat anyone in the division.
He was definetly hot that night. The best he's ever looked for sure. Too bad he hasn't been the same since.

This is true. Also styles make fights. Thomson at his best is quick with good footwork and kicks, things Nate can struggle with. Plus Josh has a good enough ground game to not be scared to grapple with Nate. Conor doesn't have the footwork or the grappling to compete with Nate IMO.

It's a shame Josh spent so much of his career riddled with injuries. When he was healthy he was top 10 for sure. So many great fights he could have had.

I would only say that he's the only guy that's ever KOd Nate Diaz, I think that means he wanted it pretty bad. Those head kicks were so cringe worthy and Nate took a few before his Bro threw in the towel.

Thompson could've easily been UFC champion if he got the decision against Bendo.

Saw that fight Live, I thought Thomson won at the time, I still need to rewatch it.

Are you saying 5 % of Josh wanted to lose?
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say Josh and every athlete alive is about a 1,000,000 in not wanting to lose. Maybe higher.

Are you saying 5 % of Josh wanted to lose?
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say Josh and every athlete alive is about a 1,000,000 in not wanting to lose. Maybe higher.
This. Silly question TS. Fighters don't fight because they think they'll lose, even a little bit. Fighters fight because they obviously think they're going to win. and they all want to win.

Lol on a scale of 1-10?

On a scale of 1-10 how many of you would want to make half as much money at your job today

Great game-plan by Thomson.

One of my favourite performances ever in MMA.

Because most fighters just go half assed?

Other than Hendricks, of course.

+ 1

I was listening to the discussion on JRE podcast. That kick could stop a horse.

People really need to watch that fight again. That kick did not ko nate. It stunned him for sure. nate went down to recover. As nate was on his way back to his feet, the ref stepped in and stopped the fight. The fight was stopped way too soon. Nate was getting back up, it was very clear..

Back