Who's the better striker - Aldo or McGregor?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Won't say much, but my pick is Aldo.

Moderators, please turn this into a poll if you wish!

Let the GIF's of Jose Aldo getting knocked out in 13 seconds roll.

McGregor figured him out in the first exchange, I'm going to have to go with him.

Big fan of Aldo, but until he out-strikes MacGregor, well . . .

It's a toss up. I want to see a second fight. The advantage goes to McGregor until Aldo actually outstrikes him.

I think skill wise aldo is superior.

Gonzaga head kicked cro cop, Randleman KO'd him too, doesn't mean they're more skilled strikers.

I would say all round Jose. He has more tools. However McGregor knocked him out in a very short time so it has to be Conor.

Really want a rematch and really want it to last at least a couple of rounds before i come off the fence

Hard to say. That's why he needs to hurry back to his own division and defend that title that's sitting there, collecting dust.

After watching Aldo vs Edgar 2, It's hard to see Jose outstrike Conor.

It's sad to say this but Conor might KO him again. LOL

The only variable is Nate Diaz.

If Nate beat the crap out of Conor to death, Jose would have a better chance.

Last edited:
"I fought guys with his speed before but none with the accuracy he has" -300+ fight Muay Thai legend Saenchai

N5hnQH.gif

external

I think skill wise aldo is superior.

Gonzaga head kicked cro cop, Randleman KO'd him too, doesn't mean they're more skilled strikers.
U talking about grapplers who knocked out good strikers where Conor who was already known to have good striking picked his shots and flatlined Aldo like he's never been before.

Pure talent I'd have to go with Aldo, unfortunately we don't see him employ his full range of techniques like he used to. Conor is real dynamic and I believe we see the full range of what he has. Based on this he is more effective despit being a bit behind Aldo. I just hope we see it again.

Aldo

Much better all round striker

Conor has a big left hand and that's it, unless you count his kicks which either miss or do no damage

They look flashy though....

It's hard to compare because they have completely different styles.

I've always said though, Aldo's hands aren't that great. His kicks, knees and movement to set up his strikes are great though.

Conor's hands are something special. His kicks are flashy but that's about it.

Facepalm.

Aldo easily is the better/effective/diverse striker but the never meant Conor couldn't beat him.

Conor has a devastating left hand and tailors his game perfectly fit that advantage. But if he was to break his left hand in a fight he would be screwed.

Aldo is more technical, but history only remembers what happens when the lights are on. Fact is Conor knocked Aldo dead when it mattered most. Until proven otherwise, we can't really say with certainty that Jose is better.

Aldo and it's not even close. Conor has a left hand and an overrated wheel kick. Aldo has a wealth of strikes to his repertoire.

Connor has more power and accuracy... But technically Aldo's muay thai is flawless. Connors kicks are for show but I know ill get a lot of heat for this, but he has bad form(kicking wise).. I see him more as a boxer, but he uses his kicks as a range finder, cover distance and to set up his punches..Kicks are sloppy some times but his punches KOs people so thats why his striking shines.. Honestly, Aldo has better fundamental and techniques..

Back